Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM interview practice ; season 2017 - ishvohra28
Greetings to all. I am looking for seasoned SP/SPs for IV practice ASAP. Since my first IV is round the corner plz email me: vatsala.katiyar.Thank you.
Me too
Hassan75954
Skype ID. Plz add me and let's start then
Hi everyone!

As everyone is starting to think about interview prep, I want to share some pearls that will really strengthen your answers.

I think the most important thing is to absolutely nail the most common 'general' questions that will take up 60 to 80% of your interview. I think too many candidates focus on rare, difficult questions and miss giving the best answer they can for the most basic questions like: tell me about yourself, why internal medicine, what did you do after graduation, what are your research interests?

The goal for the common questions is to provide broad overviews. It's OK to take longer to answer these. It sets you up for success by giving interviewer's a comfortable overview of who you are.

Structure:
Hook - give me a funny anecdote or a story; where did you come from? what was unique about your upbringing
Clinical - talk about why you love the day to day practice of whatever speciality you are applying for. Include specific examples
Research - talk broadly about what kind of scholarly work you are interested in. IF you don't have that much experience, that's OK. Talk about what you want to learn

The last tip is one we see missed all the time.

TIE it back to the program.

"For these reasons, I think I'd be a terrific fit here. There's clearly an amazing clinical training experience but also an opportunity to broaden my horizons in epidemiology/clinical research/preventative health"

--
Hope this helps.

Steve @
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »