Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your advise - suhaib
Hello everybody, i need your advise regarding applying late to IM and FM programs,i will apply this week after my step 1 results comes out , I am graduated 2014 , I do not need visa , my step2 ck is 224 and i passed step 2 cs in second attempt , Do I have chance to apply to community programs this year or is it money wasting ?
Hi there, I had say wait it out this year and try next year! Most programs have already begun sending out invites and some haven't even reviewed the applications they received before the 15th of September! But, if you still want to try your luck and you score over your CK score in step 1, apply to 30 IM and FM programs - more cost effective that way! hope that helps.
it is a little bit later, it would put you at a disadvantage. Do you have your LORs ready etc? Maybe you should wait and see what your step one score is? I think it depends ultimately on our board and it is for you to match at a place for match of the best what's possible.

-------------------
David @ Residency Interview Questions
IMG-specific Expert Interview Training at http://
Prepare the perfect interview for a competitive US residency
Yeah , I have my LORs updated , and everyhing is ready ,just my Step1 is left , waiting to get it on Wednesday
Wait for next year, it's too late.
If you are US IMG or AMG then maybe, or if you have tons of USCE and apply to a program where thy know you and you can ask for an IV.

Otherwise you will waste your money with an attempt in CS and a late application, even if you have great step 1 and CK scores.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »