Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO Internal Medicine Invitations? Pls gather here - drdoc09
This year either pace is very slow or they are still reviewing 230+ step 1 scores

Programs are sending rejection emails even in midnight:-)) not giving a chance to sleep in peace:-))
Did the following programs start sending Invitations

1.Brookdale
2.Cook county , Chicago
3.Maimonides IM program
4.Abington Memorial Hospital Program
5.UTH-Houston
6.McLaren-Flint/Michigan State University Program , Flint
7.Methodist Hospital (Houston) Program
Cook yes. Methodist yes
ok thx
Jagjeetsingh...Have you heard from Providence-Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM Program (Southfield, Michigan)
Rejection from rutgers. Rejection from providence
rutgers? where is that from...do you mean Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Program , NJ
providence Michigan?
Hi , I hope every body in this chat will get IV and match this year, but if there is no match , you should all apply next year for preliminary year in surgery , 40 % of spots end up vacant every year.
It's just one year but that year will improve your CV and will make it easier to match in a categorical program for FM or IM . Is better to apply for IM or FM with working experience already than applying coming out of nowhere with a few observerships or a few research publications that nobody cares about. Even if you never match anywhere , after 2 years working as an intern in preliminary surgery year , you could apply for a GP ( general practitioner ) in most of states , you could find a job in a urgent care and pay your bills making 150k-200K per year.
GO to google and search " NRMP historical reports" and you can find everything from all the programs and what type of applicant they match with , but also you can look at the codes for preliminary surgery programs and search them that way in ERAS. Good Luck !
Hey doc09, I didn't get the providence rejection ether...honestly think maybe my application is getting filtered out b4 it even reaches them
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »