Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO Internal Medicine Invitations? Pls gather here - drdoc09
You know what's crazy this match is making a lot of people angry. I just talked to a friend 260s w 2 iv another has 1.

Then in chats I see people w 240s get 12 IV how?

Wow what are they looking for specifically.
Plain simple. It's not all about scores. The overall strength of a candidate is looked at by most programs.
@jagjeetsingh have you ever tried applying for urology? because you'd probably become an excellent urologist based on what you said you would do to jorgeb.
lol, so funny, usmleexams!!
today no strom....no single email either inv/rej
I'm not a spammer , I matched in 2007 for FM and graduated in 2010 , I worked from 2010- 2012 in the program I did residency as junior faculty so I know what programs look for . Now I work as a hospitalist . I hope my advice helps anybody to match. Most of you don't get IV not only because of being an IMG or YOG but most importantly because you haven't been vetted in the U.S. System.
but its kind of hard to apply prelim surgery without LORs from surgery @jorb, any input on this
Wow just the thread I was looking for 😕
Yes having a LOR from surgery is better but if you don't have one , apply with the one you have and say in your personal statement that a preliminary year in surgery will improve your CV with US experience and that your IM background will be an asset during surgical floor rounds . Afterall PGY 1 in surgery bearly scrub in , and when they do is as a third or fourth help , the intern is most of the time rounding , dictating H and P and d/c summary writing admition orders in the ER or dictating consults .
Also e mail or call the program's you applied and tell them that you are very interested in the program so they can look at your CV . In preliminary surgery positions is OK to do this , remember 40% of the spots end up vacant every year .
Rejections from st Luke's hospital, chesterfield, MO. rejection from aurora health care
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »