Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old IMG needs some motivation - f16
Hi Guys,
I am a very old grad from Pakistan, 1990 YOG,post grad in OBGYN in my country,Post grad in BGYN from UK,clinical experience in Pak and UK without any gaps till 2004.Than USMLE 1-197 ist attempt,CK-215(2nd attempt),CS-passed.One year medical assistant with a GP.Research back in my country.Have LORS from US doctors an from back home.But am too scared that have not applied in any program.Today ,after looking at your post ,got some hope .Please be in touch with me at farhanasdj
I know you are looking for motivation but your chances of obtaining a residency position are very low, probably zero unless you offer something a program doesn't have or will not get with a regular younger applicant. Your YOG is too far and your scores will not get you through any filter.

If you have the money and time, and can afford to lose both, try. It doesn't hurt.
If you know someone or have good contacts high up (PC or PD) maybe try at that specific place.

If you are taking a risk, spending money you may not recover or are abandoning other opportunities, do not try. You will not succeed and this will bring you a lot of stress and grief.
@f16 I have scores similar to yours including having passed step 3. I am a grad of 2012 and even then I haven't matched since the past 2 years.
Comparing myself to you I would say you would be better off with being ECFMG certified and having previous experience in places like middle east, Ireland or UK.
Sounds harsh but it is what it is.
don't put yourself through this wringer. Be kind to yourself. You are almost at retirement planning stage. Do something like a U/S tech course and increase your productivity and work prospect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »