Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempts and low score interviews..update - eshazpurple
Hi Everyone

Anybody with low scores and/or attempts getting interviews?
I have low scores. No attempts. Not one interview so far. Probably 15 or more rejections. I've lost count. I've come to the conclusion that if you don't have good scores you likely will never get into a US residency.
The programs don't seem to look at anything other than scores
That's the idea.
Scores give them an objective idea of your level of knowledge or at least lets them know that you know the basic stuff they need for residency in the US system.
All other measures including LORs are completely subjective.

It's like your credit score or your cholesterol level and blood pressure when you buy health insurance.
Poor predictors mean low reliability, and that makes people not want to take risks.
That's the thing . If you have passed the boards you have basic knowledge. And than everything over is just numbers which is not reality. There are people who scores high and turned into junk. And there are people who scores low and turned an excellent physician. I am not saying about all the people. If scores are the only thing which is important than why there iare these many things to mention in application. Trust me guys if programs are using only scores than those programs are not worth it. Their vision is so narrow. Don't bother about these program. Go back in your country and work for your country.
I know some people who got in with low scores 190+ through contacts. They turned out fine (sailed through residency) and are in fellowships now. However, they do have strong connections - immediate family members who are PDs/ PCs. I wish there's a place for all of us. Don't give up. Smile
in my program everyone that they've interviewed so far has had some sort of red flag with failures and low scores.
3 interviews,
but you'll need to have good Lors and some sort of extra curricular activities like research etc.

Wish you well. Don't listen to others. Believe in yourself
@nyc what program?
I have excellent lors with lots of experience and just 3 year old grad. No luck. Can you guys please mention the name of the program In NYC and the programs you got interview at ... please.
It would help me out a lot.
Or you can email me aishausmlear
I am giving up and thinking of alternatives but I am being encouraged by my attendings to stay on this path.
Would love some help and advise
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »