Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How logical sending an email to the PDs? - lopetegi
IMG. No interview invitation yet. Only some rejections.

At this level of application process how logical sending an email to the PDs who did not send notification email yet for telling them I have a great interest to their programs?

Please comment on this subject.
DONT MAN DONT BEWARE MAN
@jagjeetsingh Why do you think is not a good idea to send emails to PD's? I mean if you already don't have any interview which is a fact the only thing you may end having will be an interview or not. Both outcomes will be a fact too right??
very logical
i think it depends on the program
Don't send to PD's, especially if you don't know them personally. You can send the PC's an e-mail, but don't hold out hope that you will necessarily get an interview.
Don't do it.
Your email will definitely be ignored if directed to the PD.
If read / considered, it may hurt more than what it would help.

If they haven't notified you yet is either because they don't want to go through the trouble of letting you know that your application is not good for them, or you're on a wait list of some sort. This is impossible to know and it may hurt if you start asking around, looking impatient and needy.

It's simple by your logic, but assuming that you still have hope for IVs from those programs, why would you ruin that chance? Nothing you do right now will change their decision to call you or not. Everything's on the table once you apply and you depend on your application and nothing else.
For me, I am waiting for my step 3 result. Once I pass(hopefully), I am planning to send emails to all the programs I have applied to as it will be reasonable to update them about my status.
Thank you for your comments...
send the e-mails. It may help. I
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »