Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIB: important question - baileys
has any one stamped HIB outside U.S.A and entered USA a month or two before the start of residency??

i am in confusion here because of a 10 day rule that does not allow those on H1B to enter U.S more than 10 days before the employment starts ( July 1)

It seems a ridiculous rule...how am I supposed to find an apartment and arrange everything within 10 days prior to the start of residency.

I was wondering if any one has been in a similar situation. I wonder how stictly such a rule is implemented at the port of entry by an immigration official?

any input would be appreciated.
Are you sure there is a rule like this, I never heard of it, does it related with what native country you are? I may also go outside of US and enter with a H1B.
i dont think its related to a particular native country...this is what i hear.
its best you check it with your lawyer...
please fill me in if you get any more information on this
yes this is the rule. and regarding finding apartment and stuff you can ask your program coordinater to give you the list of apts where other residents live. and contact those apt managers on email. things are very easy to workout in usa this way. you can see the apt on websites etc also. apartmentguide.com. and rest of the stuff is also arranged easily and slowly as and when required. you will have to seek of other senior residents to take u for shopping initially. or you can take second hand stuff from senior passing out. this is the way system works generally. i hope my answere will help you
thanks jenajeta
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »