Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduated from Poland in 2011 (old grad) - docgooner
I am a very old graduate, and after graduation I did not continue with medicine (career change). However, I now have decided to get back into medicine, and I've secured 2 years of 'foundation training' in the UK starting in August 2017 (which is what UK medical graduates undertake immediately after graduating from medical school). From now until then, my plan is to take Step 1, 2, and cs!

I have not done anything clinical, but from 2017-18, and 18-19 (2 years) I will be doing clinical work in the UK. Going for me, is a US Citizenship, other than that, I'm just hoping to achieve great step scores.

I've been out of the loop for a very long time, just wanted to get a feel for where I might stand. I know it's an uphill battle, and the next 7-8 months are make or break for me!
Perhaps I could ask what else I could do to increase my chances? Before heading off to the UK, I plan to do some observership in US, how long is a good amount of time to do this? Is it a must have, to do 4 weeks? Or 3 months?

Thank you
I think good scores around 240s and 3mo of USCE will make it for you especially that you will have a fresh YOG. Best of luck.
Fresh YOG?
YOG= Year of Graduations
As far as I understood from your post that you are going to repeat the last 2 years and that way you are going to get a recent YOG, is that right??
Witaj
Here is my email katharina228.
I am an old grad December 2004 UNiwersytet Jagiellonski. I was working in Germany from 2005 till 2013. Did step 1 and preparing now for step 2 ck and then cs. I will apply this year for residency so I'll be able to give you hints when I'm in this process.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »