Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asked to go back to India Early - Immigration - aryaroy
I came to the United States to take my Step2-CS, exam and do observerships. But unfortunately the immigration officer asked me to leave United States right after the exam. There were couple of miscommunications during the immigration clearance. They wrote a date 10 days after the Step2-CS exam as the "Stay Until" date.

Can I know if anyone had a similar experience before? My current plan is to return on June and I have booked the ticket also. Is there anyway I can extend this "Stay until" date to a date on June?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as i know you cannot extend stay until date for visitor visa. Most cases its extended for extenuating circumstances such as medical treatment. If you stay even day after the date mentioned you will be in trouble next time you try to come to usa. this is my opinion .......

you can immigration attorney or google similar experiences.
Sampras, you are right. He cannot stay beyond the date stamped on the disembarkation card which the immigration officer stamped. Don't even stay after the date or else you maybe barred from entering US the next time. Call USCIS and tell your situation. Good luck.
you have to go back, extending is difficult in your situation, you need to contact an attorney to do so
A fairly popular topic today, and I am glad that the author raised it, for which I am grateful to him. It seems to me that many international students dream of going to the best universities in the United States and there is nothing wrong with that. Better education and great prospects await every American student.
A fairly popular topic today, and I am glad that the author raised it, for which I am grateful to him. It seems to me that many international students dream of going to the best universities in the United States and there is nothing wrong with that. Better education and great prospects await every American student.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »