Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my exam expereince - njsl
took the EXAM on sunday......i dunno if it was mine like that or its the same for every1,,
1) it was a complete DISASTER...i cud hardly answer 30% ques with confidence rest was all best guess.
2) i felt the vignettes were terribly long..was finishing every block at the brink of the moment.
3) I was shocked to see a few ANTENATAL SCAN questions asking what do u do or wt u c....( unbeleivable)
4) each block had atleast 2 ECG, 1-2 bistat , 1-2 ethics n pateint safety.....which i would never b able to answer even if i read for a lifetime..i had total of 1-2 micro slides, 1-3 patho questions, 1 anat was there too,
5) vitamins n mineral defeciency v imp,
6) questions were v vague....
7) some questions were v simple ,,, making u think is the answer so simple n waste time reading the question again.
8) IN A NUTSHELL!!! it was NOTHING LIKE THE UWORLD OR THE NBME,s..!!!

i hope u all do well .....n plz pray for me!! IT WAS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!

sorry if i scared any1 out there...!! this was just my opinion about the exam...
thanks a lot for sharing your experience . May Allah help you get through this !
thank u dear ...i hope u read all that i missed n do well Inshallah!! plz remember in prayer!
Hello,
Congrats for getting it done.
JFMI, whats your score on nb 6 & 7?
Congrats on finishing! Thank you for sharing your experience. Was there a lot of step 1 questions?
Glad to see this post, I took the exam yesterday (Monday), a day after you.
The exam was a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!! I also felt like the test was extremely vague, questions were not like NBMEs or uworld.... i have no clue where they came from... i don't even know what i could have done differently to study and prepare for the questions i saw monday. Like you said, i was confident about ~30% then it was a guessing game, bc that was soooo off putting, time management was difficult, always had 2 questions at the end that i would skim then guess. OUt of all the great information in MTB and uworld, the dx steps and treatment, the things you see in the hospital and truly important topics needed to help future patients were just simply few and far between on the exam. THese are my thoughts. Best of luck to all of you.
@lppt123 ..ur post comes as a relief to me....knowing that i am not alone...u r absolutely rite ...even if i had studied for longest i wud not have studied what was asked..wish u all the best..! how was ur selfassessments during ur prep ..(if u dont mind sharing)...hopefully we get a decent score inshallah!!
That not gone help much people, you should let them know what source u use & what's your nbme 6 & 7 time/online score and average UW prep %s. Not your perspective from your exam.
I forget what NMBE test #s i did in what order.
Two months out NBME 205
1.5 months out NBME 210
One month out NBME 220
UWSA1 3 weeks out 236
UWSA2 2 week out 228
The last two weeks i finished uworld then did mixed timed sections,
while reviewing MTB daily.

At this point i would be happy just to pass after how test day went
@Ippt123 what's your last nb form # u took? 6 or 7?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »