Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 2CK nbme 6 score confusion - stmartin
hi all. i just started my 2ck prep. i just took NBME 6 to get a baseline of how far i have to improve. i did 1 reading of MTB2CK and thats it. didnt start UW yet or MTB 3. i was shocked at my NBME score. it said i got 83 wrong questions out of 184 total questions. so i did get 101 right. 101/184=54.8% correct. now i know its a horrible % correct. but the score correlation says that myCCSSA score is only 10. which equals a true 3 digit score of 1?! i know i did bad. but how can getting 54% correct ,equal a true 3 digit score of 1? somebody please help me understand the conversion
Well I did NBME 6 in december and ended up with 35 Questions wrong and my score was 219 ... just 10 point high from passing !!!! so it may as well be very less with 83 questions wrong .!
Wait, first of all, you didn't do Uworld, so what kind of score were you expecting?

Secondly, NBME's scale your score off of a curved score since there are fewer questions in an NBME than there are in the actual exam. If you miss 1 question that is considered easy difficulty, it scales that into 3-4 more questions wrong because it means you'd likely miss those on the real exam and any others like it. For example if you messed up on a stats question, but there was only 1 stats question in that block, the nbme will basically assume you missed even more stats questions to try and predict your score.

Anyway, you took an NBME without studying, reading MTB once doesn't really count, so in reality you got an amazing score despite being completely unprepared.
@the28shogun

thank u for your explanation, it makes sense. i was expecting to do bad, like score in the 50% range without UW or MTB3. but i was just shocked that i got a converted 3 digit score of 1. when i look at the next highest score on the chart, a CCSSA score of 20= 149. so im a long way from even just passing. i just never heard of a score as low as a 1.LOL. so i will do UW and read MTB3 before i take NBME 4.thank u
U shudnt have wasted an assessment, nbme 6 was very predictive of my real score. I think i had 26 or 27 wrong my nbme 6 was 228 or something, my real score was 230. but whats done is done. Dont touch any nbme till u r through ur prep. In my opinion nbmes are more predictive of real score than uwsa. Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »