Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched Canadian PRs (J1 visa)- Lets gather here - drpilot
Hi everyone,

For Canadian PRs that matched and will be getting the letter of needs visa from Canada, please kindly gather here and lets strategise together. My skype id is usamd2015.

Thank you
hey. can you please help me how to apply for the J1 as canadian. Im so lost
First, apply for the Statement of need. You need a valid PR. Mine is expired so I have to renew it before applying
What is a PR
@pathfinder2017, please do you know how to apply for the statement of need? Can you guide us?
@sugarcane- PR is permanent resident
Did you guys get the offer letter from the hospital? I think we need that before applying for the statement of need. I hope I get my offer letter tomorrow
BTW, congratulations on matching!! which specialties did you guys match to?

I matched into neuro. I saw that those who matched to a prelim and advanced specialty requireso two stamen of need.
I matched into IM but I am yet to hear from the program. Fingers crossed, I hope they get in touch soon. Congratulations too!
I'm not sure if you guys know, there is a decrease in SON going out for all specialities excluding Family Medicine. Many of us have already submitted out application within minutes of finding out where we matched.

1. You do not need a contract to send in your application, a screenshot of the NRMP page will do.

The things you need to include is the following:
1. Application Form
Complete and sign the PDF version of the application form.

2. Proof of Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Residency
Submit a notarized or certified copy of one of the following documents:
-Canadian citizenship card
-Canadian Passport
-Record of birth in Canada
-Permanent Resident Card

3. Provincial Letter of Endorsement from the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux - applicants must be residents of Quebec intending to return to Quebec to practice medicine after US training. (All other applicants are subject to the List of Needed Specialties). Applicants intending to practice medicine in Québec must obtain a Letter of Endorsement directly from the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux before applying for a Statement of Need from Health Canada. Contact Information: See Provincial and Territorial Ministries of Health.
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO QUEBEC.

4. Confirmation of ACGME-Accreditation
Provide a copy of one of the following documents.
- Letter issued by the ACGME to the training program
- Training program information from the ACGME website (Print to PDF works great for this)

5. Letter of Offer/Training Contract/US Match Webpage
Provide a copy of one of the following:
- A letter of offer for a residency training program from the clinical training program in the US. The letter must be on the institution's letterhead and should be accompanied by your signature of acceptance of the offer; or
- A training contract for a residency training program from the clinical training program in the US. The training contract should bear your signature indicating you have accepted the offer; or
- The secure web page (NRMP) confirming the clinical residency training program in which you have matched in the US. ( Again, Printing to PDF works great for this)
6. Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information to Provincial and Territorial Governments for Recruitment Purposes (Optional)
Complete and sign the PDF version of the Consent Form for Recruitment.

After all this is done, just email it all to: j1visa@hcsc.gc.ca

Again, I want to highly emphasize, there is a limit to number of letters this year and there is going to be no exceptions if you don't get a statement of need letter. If you are unable to obtain a statement of need letter, you will need to contact your program ASAP for alternatives, however like last year, you might have to withdra your contract. I know 2 people that it happened to last year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »