Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMO Worldwide literally ripped me off... - runboyrun
I want to share my experience with AMO Worldwide observership provider so that everyone else after me doesnt get fooled so easily. I have been given wrong details of the doctor. The doctor doesnt even work in a teaching hospital as mentioned by AMO. AMO told me it was an inpatient&outpatient setting but it was only outpatient setting in NewYork. They gave me the wrong office address where the doctor doesnt practice anymore and I had to google him to find his new office address on my very first day of reporting. The doctor comes to the clinic only 3 times a week and stays for 2-3 hrs when he comes. So, he saw me like 12 times in 4 weeks I was there. He always discouraged me for pursuing a medical career by saying things like doctors are no more making enough money and I could as well open a restaurant rather than being a doctor. Can you believe that crap. At the end of the rotation, he didnt even write me an LOR saying that he didnt see me enough to give me an LOR. Was he expecting me to stay for another 4 weeks, I have no idea. By the way I never missed any of those 12 times he came to the clinic. AMO ripped me off literally. This is nothing short of a scam. Imagine how much money I may have spent to find a temporary accomodation in New York city apart from hefty amount AMO charges.
When I contacted AMO Worldwide and said how I gained absolutely nothing from my rotation with them, they werent even sorry. All they said was they can give me a 100$ discount if I came back for another 4 week rotation. Can you believe that ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »