Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency in California - munchkino
hi folks. What additionally do I need to apply for residency in California? Thanks in advance!
The PTAL, at least. Not sure if anything else is required.
Also you can get PTAL only if you have SSN. So for IMG's who do not have SSN they cannot get PTAL and hence a Calif residency.
thank you guys. Do u know how long it usually take to get it after application?
hey munchkinoma.... its good to see u guyz grow and succeed....

i have been visiting this forum since a couple of months and ...... i have to say that all u guyz contributed a lot to this forum,... infact i saw almost all of the questions u guys posted... Ur stories and chats with MIRACOLI(ous) ....sallu....fmg8....sarim.. stepoma...

wherever MIRACOLI is .... this is my salute to him... if u are in contact with him plz let him know..

i wish him all the very best ..

plz do contact me on my email i would be very glad to hear from u munch..

hardwork9912
munchkino hi!!! We studied and took step 2ck together in that our super thread on this forum. Glad to see your post again. Would like to contact you to see how far you have gone with your application. You can reach me on this email.
dare2dream2ck
Cheers
If you apply to programs in California, you must submit a Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) issued by the Medical Board of California with your residency applications
It takes about 3-6 months to get a PTAL. I submitted all of my documents except my step 2 ck result around April 2016 and then submitted my CK result in October and got the PTAL in 3 weeks after that. If you have all your documents ready it probably will be ready sooner.
Agree with medusmle. I heard it takes a few months to obtain. Count on about 6 months.
munchkins, why didnt you apply this year?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »