Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology Match 2018 - hamadis
you can pretty much apply to all programs without CK. just call and update programs once you get your score
ok, thank you
Hi guys .. I need your advice on this ..
my step 1 score is 217 , step 2 score is 229.. I have failed CS n my second attempt is on 18th Oct, results out by mid December.. I will be applying for pathology residency this year n I have post graduate training n work exp in pathology but no USCE .. do I stand any chance of getting matched in pathology (considering the fact that Pathology is an IMG friendly subject )if I pass my CS in Dec n apply early in September.. any advice is appreciated.. thank you in advance

A lot will probably depend on your letters of recommendation...
Hello all,
I'm an IMG with the following credentials: YOG 2012, postdoctoral work (not in pathology) for 2 years, 8 publications (4 first author), USCE in pathology 1 month in surg path, 1.5 months in autopsies, 2 research experiences in pathology (2 on-going studies: 1 liver path and 1 digital pathology), 2 LoRs from path. USMLE: Step 1 218, Step 2 208, CS passed, Step 3 194 all in first attempt. I need visa. Currently on H1B.
I'm worried that my scores won't let me match. First time applying to path.
@rosette: most path programs consider candidates with attempts, there are some that don't entertain attempts. You have decent experience. Best shot is getting US lors. I think you will definitely get a few interviews considering you pass your CS this time
Also guy I made a Whatsapp group. Please email me your numbers so I can add all of you. hamadis@live.com
@hbc03 with that profile you will be competitive at IMG-friendly programs, the USCE will go a long way in your favor.
hello all,
I am also applying for Pathology. IMG. YOG 2018. Step 1/2/CS 235/225/Pass. 3 US LOR but No Pathology LOR. what are my chances? I am worried about my lack of Pathology LOR
@md2018123 your USMLE scores are competitive for interviews for pathology. You can try to compensate for the lack of pathology LORs with your personal statement expressing your genuine interest in the field. Do any of your US LORs recommend you for a pathology residency despite not being written by a pathologist? If they are vague with regard to specialty choice, it will raise some doubts in reviewers' minds that will be hard to shake...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »