Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next steps if you didn't match in the past - jaideva
Just reading at ECFMG reports from previous match and talking to friends who ended up matching after more than one unsuccessful attempts at matching, some things for you to start working on if you didn't match in the past and are serious about getting residency this match.

1. Apply to a lot more programs in different specialties
2. Start getting your program list ready now.
3. Stay active clinically till the very end if you are a community program candidate
4. Stay active in clinic or basic science research till the very end if you are a university program candidate.
5. Re-write your personal statement with an emphasis on a common theme, be it a strong dedicated community physician or a brilliant physician who is also a passionate researcher or educator.
6. Re-write your CV- make sure you don’t put ‘history taking’ in things you learnt during your rotation.
7. Prepare for the interview keeping in mind that you need to prepare for many different aspects of the interview and not just the usual interview questions listed on the interview

More details here: http://www.alphaimg.com/ultimate-guide-t...ch-before/
I put 'history taking' in the CV and I matched. Please don't stereotype and say things have to be in a particular way or else you don't match!!
Like I said , this is to guide candidates who did not match before and want to upgrade their application.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »