Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eczema herpeticum///////// - cindyvic
A previously healthy 16-year-old high school wrestler comes to the physician because of a rash on his forearms and the back of his legs for 1 week. He is allergic to pollen and dust. Examination shows patches of erythema with mild lichenification over the antecubital and popliteal fossae. There are clusters of painful umbilicated vesicles at sites of active skin inflammation. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?

A) Eczema herpeticum

B) Herpes zoster

C) Keratosis pilaris

D) Lichen planus

E) Pityriasis rosea
You have already answered. Eczema herpeticum
am a bit confused with the answer to this question been A cos the phrase that says painful umblicated vesicles made me think of B.. plz need more clarification..
so we agree its definitely eczema ...due to licenfication..especially over flexure surfaces..
eczema can also lead to eczema herpeticum (HSV is the cause here)..herpes is always a lesion/rash found in clusters, it is painful..the vesicles are described as umblicated..

you might be confusing this with Molluscum contagisum--due to poxvirus--flesh colored, dome shaped lesion with a umbilicated center.
Lol, you have already answered the question in the name of this topic. Funny. I remembered my history teacher, who always accidentally suggested queries to us. That was nice of her. Eczema is, by the way, a severe disease that needs to be treated. You need to think about your nutrition and heredity and what other problems a skin problem can cause. My friend turned to a doctor of functional medicine to cure his eczema. He was embarrassed about spots on his skin. Here https://melbournefunctionalmedicine.com....lth/eczema really helped him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »