Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - hopeful101
F
Hello house , please kindly give me a sincere advice based on what you have experienced or learned so far in this journey.

I am a 2011 IMG. I wrote Step 1 in 2013 and failed it. I got 198. I just gave up and started work and I work as a MA and a scribe in a health facility to doctors.
I have been with them since 2013 and I see patients and do lots of hands on. My salary is very ok. They thought I was good and upped my salary. I guess because I felt I was comfortable enough, I never took my step 1 reading seriously. Well, my very good and close 2 SP's I started preparations with in 2012 all took exams and passed and got into residency . One in IM and the other in pead in both in 2014.

Last year, I paid for both Step 1 and CS to see if that will motivate me knowing that my money will waste if I don't take it. I took step 1 , 2 months ago and got 236 and took step CS ,3weeks later cos my money was about to expire. Only 3 weeks prep.
I never knew CS was that easy but I have a problem typing. I am a slow Typer and in the exams I typed all in CAPS to be fast but that wasn't enough. Result is out and it was a FAIL. Very high scores except in ICE( PN part).
Now, I have 2 fails. Previous step 1 and this CS.
I was preparing for CK to take it by next month and apply for residency this year but it seems am back to square1.
Hello house , please kindly give me a sincere advice based on what you have experienced or learned so far in this journey.

I am a 2011 IMG. I wrote Step 1 in 2013 and failed it. I got 198. I just gave up and started work and I work as a MA and a scribe in a health facility to doctors.
I have been with them since 2013 and I see patients and do lots of hands on. My salary is very ok. They thought I was good and upped my salary. I guess because I felt I was comfortable enough, I never took my step 1 reading seriously. Well, my very good and close 2 SP's I started preparations with in 2012 all took exams and passed and got into residency . One in IM and the other in pead in both in 2014.

Last year, I paid for both Step 1 and CS to see if that will motivate me knowing that my money will waste if I don't take it. I took step 1 , 2 months ago and got 236 and took step CS ,3weeks later cos my money was about to expire. Only 3 weeks prep.
I never knew CS was that easy but I have a problem typing. I am a slow Typer and in the exams I typed all in CAPS to be fast but that wasn't enough. Result is out and it was a FAIL. Very high scores except in ICE( PN part).
Now, I have 2 fails. Previous step 1 and this CS.
I was preparing for CK to take it by next month and apply for residency this year but it seems am back to square1.
I have just checked for free dates and centers for CS and I can't find any opening in the next 3 months.

My NBMES for CK seems decent but I don't wanna take it until I am a bit more confident but my confidence is shaky now with this CS fail.

Should I go ahead and take it next month and schedule for CS or should I take my time ? I hear some people can get me a sooner CS date , should I take my time to pratice typing which will mean I won't get my results by September or I should forget about this year and focus on next year .
I am tired of all this . My 2 friends/previous SP's posted on IG their residency graduation yesterday. I feel left out and confused and depressed. I started this joinery with them and I am no where close by now.
Kindly ignore this and refer to the other post . Thank you .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »