Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone applying for 2007 match from india - goldglory
hi guys,
yes, I will apply for 2007 match as no luck for 2006 match....
me too . raja what are u doing to improve application. till now i havn"t had any luck with finding observership. also i am thing of doing it for only a month if i get it somewhere.
currently working as a jr in casualty. i don"t think it will help
dont know what should be done to improve resume...... not able to give & pass step-3 before application days......... searching for observership/externship opportunities....

aajkal, where are you working as jr in casualty now??
in india, delhi, deen dyal hospital. though this experience has improved me in clinical skills but i doubt it will be of any use in next match. i doubt if they consider any non pg experience in india.
same here searching for externship/ observership
hi guys ,even i am applying from india,am searchng for some research experience in india ,or some training courses which will improve cv.
i have 7 months research in aiims which was sponsored by NORAD, EU WHO . what else do u need . but didn"t help. 2 reasons i never mentioned to the programs that the reserach was sponsored so they may have though it as a fake one. second maybe they don"t care abt any non pg experience from 3rd world country. rest if u wanna study reserach is a good option
Good luck to all.
One suggestion I would give to all applying next year would be to do your homework right..about where to apply..the number of applications is probably the factor which can directly determine the number of interviews one gets. I know of people who apply to 50-70 programs..but nearly a half of these programs will reject their application at 1st glance..some predictable and others unpredictably. Most programs do not clearly mention their criteria for selection in entirety on their website..it is important to write to each program individually and ask

1)whether they accept foreign graduates

2) sponsor H1 / J1 visas ( beware of the phrase "we support visas" or "we accept FMGs on J1 visas" they may not necessarily mean they sponsor a fresh applicant.)

3)Do you require US clinical experience.. it is alright to apply to those that say we "prefer" but not those that say we "require USCE"

4)Score criteria..some websites say their cut off is 200..but when you write about FMGs they may have a different cut off.

In a way I'm saying do not use standard " IMG friendly lists " if you can help it...make your own..also now is the time...till ERAS is open..as FRIEDA, career md and acgme do not always have reliable email addresses.

Another advice would be that rather than apply to 100-150 programs in one specialty.. try applying to 40-50 places (selected as above) in every specialty that you "don't mind doing" ..
It will definitely increase your chances of a successful match.. The process becomes expensive but since there is so much expenditure anyways..why not spend on something predictably beneficial?

Good luck and don't lose hope
really apprecite ur description dr_ind. thanks so much. can u pls tell how to find the address of these programs. thanks
thanks a lot dr_ind...

ranil,

go to www.ama-assn.org and from there go to FREIDA ONLINE link... go to residency and fellowship search... search speciality as per your criteria.... most of the program has posted their email contacts on these listing... some of them has contact numbers through which you can ask for email..

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »