Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 questions-Honest opinion please - dilemma1208
Step-1 : 202 (2nd attempt)
Step-2 CK : 213 (2nd attempt)
Step-2 CS : Pass (1st attempt)
Graduated Medical school in 2010 June.
I have 6 months of clinical experience in one of the private clinic in USA.
I applied in 2017 and didn't get any interview (as per my anticipation)
Q 1) What are my chances of getting IM and FM respectively?
Q 2) Do I have any chance of getting IM if I have 6 months of clinical experience (Observership Or Externship)?
Q 3) Do I have any chance at all at being a doctor OR should I move on to next career choice?

I will greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.
In light of your attempts and graduation date you will have an extremely difficult time getting a position.
Q1) Both are extremely low.
Q2) There's always some chance, but if you're not doing observership/externship in a program that takes residents, in your situation, it's basically pointless.
Q3) There's always some chance, but it'll require a lot of work and effort which will make you an even older graduate. It's not impossible, but absurdly difficult, if you would be happy in your next career choice, you should definitely consider it.
Start working on Plan B. You cannot change your score. Internship in private clinic is BS. Please look for some master program or dual degree program. When I was doing my MPH, One of my fellow graduate student who was also foreign doctor was doing a student job in Burns center, working with doctors. I think go for some other degree. You can always apply but I don't recommend wasting your life doing an unpaid internship
Score and attempts are red flag to have on your application. But you can keep trying to improve your chances. Try to gain strong hands on externships in Hospital settings. This will be the greatest usce you can gain. Private clinic observerships are not useful clinical experiences
@down21 or anybody who knows about MPH or Health System Management: Can you please Shed some light on MPH?
I mean How long is the course?
What is the salary Range?
MPH vs Health System Management? Which is better (if you have any idea)?

Thank you.
you have chances but they are tough to get.. need to work hard.. hands-on clinical experience helps a lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »