Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a study partner asap - ginny28
Hi, I'm starting step 1 from the beginning and thinking of taking the test next yr. I've started it last semester but it doesn't seem to work, and my last sp isn't very motivated, so our study plan was kinda on and off.
Can make a new study plan together!
Add me on wechat: ginny2885
or : 13041197262
Hi, ginny28. My study plan was very simple: UWorld, First Aid and Kaplan. Unfortunately, I started to prepare myself 3 months before USMLE step 1. I will take the test on September, 13, 2017. Now, one month from the test, I have done 2 Kaplan full length simulation tests, mbme 15, 16, 17 and 13, in that order and all UWorld qbank. I simply don't have anything left for practice. When I try again the questions from UWorld bank, I simply remember the answers. Therefore, my suggestion is that you do not leave step 1 for the next year. Do it as soon as you finish with UWorld, First Aid and Kaplan. Study 2 months, 12 hours a day, and settle the debt. By the way, Kaplan full length simulation tests have the same duration as the real stuff, but the score is something incomprehensible. NBME 13, 15, 16 and 17 can be done online in about 5 hours, 2 hours less than step 1. Here are my scores:

Kaplan 1 -- 87%
Kaplan 2 -- 88%
nbme 15 -- 228
nbme 16 -- 240
nbme 17 -- 250
nbme 13 -- 259

How these scores correlate with step 1? I have no idea. Do you?
thanks a lot! the advice is pretty good!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »