Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency coordinator - kanoej
do ya'll think working as a residency coordinator for a program of interest will help in residency application process? i am planning to apply next year for residency to this program and currently they are looking for a residency coordinator. any advice is much appreciated.
Go try it. It wont hurt you. In fact, you can get more stable mentally and financially to apply for any residency including the one you work as PC for. They may consider you too for residency. I've heard weird stories of people getting into residency.
Who knows it can work for you.
thank you. any more advice is appreciated, especially if in this situation or if know someone who is.
you will still need a good CV. have you gain USCE?
need to have hands-on experience which provides strong LORs, which will be more useful in appliction
Hands-on experience will make you have direct contact with the patients... which will help the application and also provide the LORs
From a PC - Going this route will not help much in your application. As the PC, would you schedule your own interview for the program? The job of a coordinator is harder than you think - it's not going to help your application, and would be a waste of your time and the program's.
@kanoej : Set you sights higher. Anyone can be a PC.
no, it might even have the opposite effect, they will view you as a secretary instead of a medical professional, you will not be utilizing any of your medical knowledge. You may as well go work as a secretary in a dental office unless there is something about this PC job that I am missing....

You will likely be deemed overqualified for the position anyway.
@harlem @duckson I suggest you not walk into ANY residency interview thinking anyone can be a residency coordinator, or that we are just secretaries. I interview at my program and anyone who treats me as lower than them is automatically in the DNR list.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »