Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer CCS Strategies discussion - iara2
2pac, misshyd, valencia, misshyd, demokrat
yosha @ you are making a mess on a useful thread. Leave now!
Let us study, no one is asking to buy mapping ccs like you do. We are discussing useful topics
Is it omer the owner
2pac, misshyd, valencia, misshyd, demokrat
archer is very good
what do you want?
please stop
Archer Strategy # 8

Approaching 10 min cases soon after vitals are presented:
Recognize Shock or Respiratory failure or Altered mental status.
Formulate a plan to quickly stabilize vitals. Stabilizing vitals depends quickly finding the likely cause of unstable vitals.
In shock there are 4 broad categories:
1. OBSTRUCTIVE
2. HYPOVOLEMIC
3. DISTRIBUTIVE
4. CARDIOGENIC

For example, obstructive shock - per Dr.Red in Archer ccs, find clinical clues and start acting with intervention quickly. You got to minimize simulated time , otherwise you lose score.
Obstructive shock - examples: pneumothorax, cardiac tamponade, , air embolism and piulmonary embolism
In cardiac tamponade, you will have pulsus paradoxus, muffled heard sounds and JVD. Once you have shock and those clinical signs , act fast - do PERICARDIOCENTESIS. You get almost 70% score up till then .since it is only 10 min case, they are looking for that immediate step.
thanks Iara, i am currently listening to Dr. Red Live CCS webinar right now. It is a live session... He is an awesome teacher. There are so many issues with UW software compared to FRED....GOK!! I did not even know until new FRED software was shown to us in this workshop. Practice on FRED again and again! There are several others in the workshop, we get to interact and it is awesome to do this with like minded people. I am gaining a lot.
And to all, CCS is the one most important you have to get right handed star to pass. I just saw several score reports from Dr.Red workshop and you have to kill it on CCS to really do god and cut your MCQ stress.
Great points the video helps for little things

Check potassium level if muscle weakness. If it’s really low send to er for IV
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »