Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer CCS Strategies discussion - iara2
Ok mansa thanks
positive23, yes right...once doing routine tests and find a hypokalemia on a simple clue , that opens a new avenue where the case moves on to adrenal tumor. But the point I was making there was UW has to replicate FRED software , there are no routine/ stat anymore on FRED as in UWorld. Report times vary and that can change your approach a lot
hello positive
Yes your correct
hello positive23
Archer case #94 highyield case:

ALL in a 5 yr old boy
this was a 5 yr. old boy who came with weakness, disinterest in activity and lesion on leg. On examination, the lesion was ecchymosis and there was generalized lymphadenopathy with liver enlargement. ( CBC, BMP, LFTs, LDH — > revealed CBC : anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, lymphocytosis with 95% lymphocytes on DC, peripheral smear shows blasts ( schistocytes if there is concomitant DIC), LDH elevated in leukemias/ lymphomas, hepatosplenomegaly on ultrasound, CXR : many enlarged lymph nodes, then now need to do bone marrow biopsy ( diagnostic step) and this reveals many lymphoblasts,
Admit and call ped/onc, ct chest and abdomen ( shows wide spread lymphadenopathy), bone scan, karyotype-

counsel: cancer diagnosis. Check PT/PTT, FDPs and Fibrinogen to r/o DIC as 10% ALL patients may have DIC.
If there is fever at presentation, make sure to get pan cultures.
Make sure to order “neutropenia precautions” if there is absolute neutropenia ( ANC < 500)
Thank u
ALL is a good case
Pls Help me with steps in TTP case. Thank you
hi folks, you all did a good job putting this together. wish i had this compilation before my exam.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »