Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pending application for permanent residence - bilalzafar2002
Hey
Is there any example where someone got a residency while having a pending application for permanent residence. I am married to a USC and applied for Adjustment of status. Have work permit and hopefully the GC will be approved before the match.
But still i am afraid that you dont get IVs of ye status is pending.
Can anyone shed some light on this matter?
Thanks
Hope I can help...I had a pending application for GC last year when I applied and I didn't get a SINGLE interview (I applied to 55 programs in FM). I think it boils down to the fact that programs are not willing to take a risk on a candidate that doesn't have the guarantee of being a permanent resident nor requires a J1. You might be automatically filtered out in the initial screening process. In my opinion, having a green card in hand will definitely add to your application but no harm in applying if you have the funds/ resources.
When You got married and applied for AOS?

Your GC will come in 2-3 years after applying. It could be longer.
My GC was approved in Jan (before the match) but I didn't get any interviews to start off with so it didn't make a difference.

Thanks a lot for the response
Yeah thats what i was wondering
So its better to wait till i get a GC
Got married in July
Most probably the processing will be done by end of this year
Applied for AOS in March 2015, got my GC in Jan 2017.
I'm assuming you have an EAD so you could apply stating that as your current status.
yeah i do have an EAD but the problem is when i put Pending application for Permanen Residence, it does not gives any option for an EAD.
i think this can give the information you are looking for https://international.uiowa.edu/isss/cur...green-card
I mean instead of 'pending status....' put in 'Employment Authorization...' I remember that is on the drop down list.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »