Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME step 2 CK self assessment 340, disappointed - drminga
Thought could be better than 340. but...

Can anyone please let me know if this is an OK score?
Should I go ahead to take the exam? Or should I spend more time to study?
My favorite specialty is family medicine.

Any advice?
Thanks a lot in advance.
340 on NBME is equivalent to 209 on step CK
This (209) just a passing score. I may fail on real exam. That worries me.

I finished Kaplan center courses for step 2. Finished Kaplan qbank; scored 68% overall. Did some extra work on cardiology and hematology because Kaplan simulation test said those are my weaknesses. After NBME, my weaknesses are still in these 2 areas.

I will review both chapters again. Do more questions.
But any one, especially who had similar situations or had good scores around 230-240, has any suggestions what else should I do? I have a full time job (12 hour shift). I can have 7 whole days off during a 2 week working period. Do you think I can improve the scores close to 230 in about 3 months? It sounds impossible to me. But can anybody help?
I definitely suggest that you dont take the exam with this score. Nowadays CK score is very high, I got 23. on the real exam and it's still considered average. Now the mean score is very high and get a residency spot is very difficult...you need to brush up. Do the UW....it's the key. Even for the step 3 I did the UW CK again, and it helped me a lot. So don't mess up with your future...no rush...I am an old grad and very lucky to get IM in NYC....hard work and luck also, both count...if they like you they will take you but avoid retaking exam...and CK is much easier than step 1....you can make it. Go for it when you are ready. you are not now.
Thank you keloke for your helpful suggestions.
Is UW qbank or course?
How long do you think it will take to reach 230 from 209? That is a huge gap. I dont know how I can fill that gap quickly.
Do I need to focus on my weakness (cardio and hemato) only or should I review everything based the boarder line score??

Congrats on your matching to an IM residency in NYC. I was in NYC a few times. I like it. They are IMG friendly but also very competitive. I wish I can match there in the future.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »