Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psych residency 2018 - docdeal
Tennessee - Rejection
Geronimo and doccdeal is this East Tennessee state University program that replied with the rejection letter?

Keep your heads up guys the season is just beginning. Stay positive and be ready for the interview emails!!!
rejection from:
U of tennesee
NEOMED

I am an IMG psych applicant
@cmdiaz its from U of Tennessee
Do you have a chance in psych if you are >10 years from graduation ?

My dear psych applicants

I can just imagine the emotions you all must be going through right now.
Your months or years of hard work is placed assessment plate during these 2 or so months.
If you lucky you will get IVs, and if you prayers are answered you will become PGY1 next year.
The unlucky ones will go down the spiral of emotions and think of everything unimaginable.
I may sound too nice if I say "don't worry everything will be ok," when in reality it maybe more difficult to pick up oneself after not matching especially since you are on your own in this journey.Yes u may have supportive well-wishers but they are only well-wishers.

I salute residents like @psychman8, who empathize with applicants and take time from his/her busy schedule to offer a words of comfort to applicants.

So my dear applicants as you can judge from the way I write, that my ways are a bit old-fashioned.
Yet I too try to help applicants as way to give back. I offer assistance to psych candidates on IV preparations.
I do mock IVs ( aka Practice IVs) for candidates. ( I don’t have as much time as I used to in the past but I can still offer some time). I would like to join hands with residents like @psychman8 if he/she has the time and any other residents or ex-residents out there who are willing to share their experiences.

The Mock IVs are done over skype and run for a few days, lasting at least an hour a day. It’s free to all, although I will charge it to God.

In Mock IVs everyone participates so participants could be called upon.
A discussion topic that also comes to mind is sharing thoughts on ‘Making Contacts’ in a program. If you think this and/or having IV practice would help u, send me an email at usmleprep3.
If I can get a team of around 10 or more people, we can start practice sessions.

Other than that I will wish you all the best.
got acknowledgement from George Washington University..
Just wondering what the average number of programs IMG's apply to in psych
received an invitation from the Wright center for GME in Scranton, PA
congrats gotta_match..can you please share ur credentials...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »