Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship Status in NRMP??? - mle16
Hi,
I am having EAD (H4 EAD).
What option do I select for Citizenship status field while registering for match in NRMP?
Could anyone please let me know?
Thank you for your help.
Hi,
Did you find answer to H4 EAD status?

Thanks
Not yet.

What I know as of now is that NRMP is just a matching tool that enables programs to participate and select candidates. Data entered in NRMP is just for statistics purpose -as given in the NRMP website.
Programs offer interviews and make selections merely by the information transmitted though ERAS.
Hi, do mind telling , what did you choose in ERAS application, i am also on EAD-h4 visa.
In NRMP, probably we should choose NON-USCitizen, other, since rest of the options dont indicate you.
The answer is "NO" you are not a citizen.
Then choose "Foreign National Residing in the U.S with valid visa status" or "Foreign National Residing Outside of the US". Whichever one applies to you.

Just additional information:

Permanent Residents have greencard valid for 10 years.
Conditional Permanent residents have greencard valid for 2 years
Refugee/Asylum/Displaced person- self explanatory
Pending Application for Permanent Resident- if you submitted an application to USCIS to become a lawful permanent resident, have interviewed with immigration, given a "case number" for pending applications, or is now waiting for the greencard to arrive.

Note: If tourist residing in the US (usually 6 months)-- You are still considered Foreign National Residing outside of the US. Reason: you are here to visit and your residence is in another country.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »