Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate:should I go for residency? - niko8800
Hi everyone
I graduated from the medical school (in Georgia) back in 2003 and then did an internship for 1 year. Worked at the university as a lecturer. From 2010 to 2013, did PhD in Germany. From 2014, I am a post-doc in Canada. Have many publications, grants. In a near future should have a chance to get a professor position (first assistant professor) and can get Canadian citizenship. But still I want to go for the residency path.
- Do you think, with my background it is realistic or I should continue my research career?
- Can having the university professor position in Canada be useful for that or contrary it would interfere?
- What about any potential benefits of having Canadian citizenship?
- Can making contacts with USA clinical professors by doing clinical research be beneficial?
What would be your recommendations to me?
Thanks in advance.
I think the first question is to ask yourself why you want to do residency in the first place and if the stress is worth it. besides that anything is possible if you are persistent.
Goodluck
Thanks.
Although I am doing human research, I would like to have direct contact with the patents. That is it.
Your passion and your confidence are your strength.
Make use of your strength if you think it's worth it.
Thanks
Yes yes yes. Go for ut!
Thanks
thanks
making contacts with by doing clinical research will always be a beneficial thing for you
OK, thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »