Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all IMGs in MA - standingforimgs
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you an email that I have received from the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition ,we are group called FTHP (Foreing Trained Health Professionals ) who is trying to create a law in MA to make it easy for us to practice in MA,

Above is the email I have received

Greetings, everyone. I am reaching out to you as members of the network of health professionals convened by Dr. Rob Marlin - with an urgent message!

I have good news - the state legislature has announced a hearing date for a proposed law that would make it easier for you to practice in your respective fields!

The law, called "An Act to Increase Access to Health Care in Underserved Areas of Massachusetts," would give advocates and other stakeholders a voice in designing new policies that would lower barriers to practice, and direct your considerable experience and abilities to serve populations with the greatest need in our state.

These legislators need to hear from you. Can you join us for the public hearing at the State House in Boston on October 24th at 1 p.m.?
We need people willing to share their stories with the committee in person, and to submit written testimony too.
We will give you talking points and help you with your testimony
But the most important thing is to share your experience, your struggles, and your dreams
If you think you may be able to join us, or submit written testimony, please respond by signing up here ASAP - and we'll follow up with more details. The hearing is just two weeks away!

Other ways to help:

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Amy

Amy Grunder
Director of Legislative Affairs
Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition
105 Chauncy St, Suite 901 | Boston, MA 02111
Tel: (617) 350-5480 x 222 | agrunder@miracoalition.org

Become a Member
Other ways to help:

If you'd rather not testify, you are still most welcome to join us and support your colleagues.
And if you can't attend in person, but want to submit written testimony, we'll provide guidelines - and will be happy to submit it for you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »