Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NY Metropolitan Hospital IM interview experience - msh5
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has experience interviewing at this hospital. How is the IV day? Do they ask medical questions? Any references from current residents?
Any information would be useful.
Thank you! Smile
Did you have your interview???
@jcaesarvm No. Mine is in January. When do you have yours?
I interviewed there last week. There is a metro station right across the street. The hospital looks clean but not modern. A lot of spanish-speaking patients/medical staff. Location of hospital is OK, 6 blocks from central park and Mount Sinai. Interview started at noon. 6 interviewees including me that day. You have to fill some papers about your application, pretty much the same stuff from the MyERAS app. Lunch was served while interns showed up for noon conference, which was nice since I heard residents used to be hidden from applicants. The conference was about administrative stuff, nothing medical. After that, they showed us a video about the program, then the chief resident came and took us for the tour, and was answering some questions. Basically the hospital has most things you need except for a cath lab, the hospital pays for IRB permission if you want to de research, and the medical teams are set up in a way that at least one spanish-speaking resident is placed in each team. The ABIM pass rate last year was 100% and according to the official sources it was 95% in the last 2014-2016 period, which is pretty cool for a NY hospital with a strong community feeling but with an academic affiliation with the NYMC. After the tour, interviews started, and the rest of the applicant were offered to attend a cardio teaching session for 3rd year med students from NYMC. Nobody got to meet the PD. You interview with the chief resident that did the tour, and also with an associate PD. I was ready for some medical questions, but the interviewed surprised me. Why did you apply here? Why NYC? What is your greatest strength? Can you tell me about your research experience? And then the interviewed flowed according to the answers, and even talked about soccer and other stuff. The aPD looked serious but nice, and chief resident was also nice. A semi-stressful interview. After that, you just walk away. I was out at 3.
@kalel Thank you so much for all the details!!! Good luck! Smile
Hi msh5,

which date is your iv?
mine on 9th.
Hi snm,
My interview is the week after.
Have you received any confirmation letter or instructions about where to go or at what time???
I haven't received anything so far.
No confirmation from them.
Actually when I called up to get iv date, the coordinator said they don't provide any confirmation email. Just have to go on the specified date and time .mine iv is noon time.
Do you know what to expect on iv day?
Do they ask clinical questions?
But do you know where in the hospital you have to go? what floor or where?
I don't know anything about this program. Very little information online. Seems from information on this forum that they may or may not ask clinical questions.
Kalel gave a very detailed description here, but he has been the only one.
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »