Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROL Discussion IM Match2018 - march2018
Please help me rank these, I don't have a location preference, interested in GI or Cardio.

Jacobi
Texas Tech el Paso
Aventura
Richmond
Nassau

why ppl are so interested in cardio and GI at the same time?... looks like what they really want is money... no offense. So in that case rank the ones that have better fellowship match rates in GI and Cardio and the one that has more residents doing research. That is what I think Smile

Good luck!
march2018
I personally did GI in my home country where a Dr's salary was less than 40 dollars a month, so money was not my drive. Cardio was always one of my passions during medical school so if I'm starting from the bottom again why not give it a chance...
Also, I'm pretty sure financial stability is one of the final goals of every single person in this forum, you included.
Have a successful match!
@march2018, If you had any idea about the current state of primary care you won't make such a statement. As Alezam13 said we all have our reasons for pursuing medicine but I believe financial stability is one of them. Sub-specialties provides doctors with a better quality of life and less stress as you will endure in primary care.
ok guys, fair enough.

Obviously everybody in the world wants financial stability, who doesn't?
I am not saying that you need to like primary care... I am just saying that it is weird that ppl are interested in cardio and GI at the same time. If somebody would say I want cardio ok, or I want GI, I totally get it, but when I see both of them combined make me think that maybe the final goal is more financial gain wt medicine than real passion for being a doctor and help pts, but it is just my point of view, I guess I am more in the philosophy side in life lol.
Everybody has their own goals, and if financial stability is yours, that is good enough. Just was curious...

Good luck and sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.
@alezam13,

Your rank order looks reasonable to me. Good luck!
march2018 please no hard feelings we are here to help each other.
rajkrish thanks for the input. I'm a bit indecisive between Jacobi and Texas Tech, the firsr has an old reputation but living in the Bronx does not sound good to me... Either way, I still have some time to sleep on it..thanks again
I ment undecided....sorry for the typo
How is my ROL?

Metrowest
Bassett
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Texas Tech Lubbock
People who has had experience with these programs, can I have some input about these:
- Texas Tech Lubbock
- Advocate Masonic
- Texas Tech Oddesa
- St Elizabeth Youngstown
- Metro West
- Salem
- Rutgers New Brunswick
- Metropolitan Hospital
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »