Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACGME acredited training - infinity
Hi,I am an old IMG finished my residency in IM in my country & now planning to apply for FM residency programs for next year match. Some FM programs prefer ACGME ACCREDITED 1 YEAR TRAINING.i would like to know what does that mean?
hi infinity, ACGME means "Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education". Here in the US residency programs r ussually ACGME accredited. when they say u need one year of training in an ACGME accredited place they mean u need to have one year of clinical clerkship or externship here which is what we call "UNITED STATES CLINICAL EXPERIENCE"
Thanks Bibhabori for your prompt reply.
Don't you think it is hard to get clinical clerkship/externship for an IMG that to for a period of one year?Do you have any idea how to go about this in midwest of U.S?
infinity,

Where in Midwest are you ?

LS
ls ,
I am in Iowa. How about you?
infinity,
Where in Iowa are you?
Iowa city...
infinity, yes it is almost impossible. i coudn't do it. i am in midwest too. infact where i am now u have to wait almost a whole year for observership! and they do not offer externship (no hands on experience!). but i don't know much about other places. while interviewing i met this guy who was doing his clerkship in one hospital for a long time. i guess if u know someone it may be possible. keep trying ...atleast do some observership. best of luck.
infinity,

Hello neighbor. I'm in Muscatine, IA.
Yes, you can do an externship for a year or even longer in IC area.
You can wright me if you have more questions at
npj50

LS
Hey LS,
I have sent an email. Check your inbox.
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »