Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how i passed step 1 and advice for moving foward - finally-done-step1
*** System identified the user is a spammer ***
I have a place to live in Glen Ellen, but what should I bring for study material? Should I bring study materials?
First off I passed step 1, so I guess it worked. Anyway here are my thoughts about usmleagle in Orlando. There are some good and bad things to say about the program. I really enjoyed the tutoring at this program. Before I talk about that, let me tell you about the typical day. Wake up do questions, and then be at the center for tutoring (sometimes it would be at 830 am), step 1 drills, and pharm drills. After that, class would start (class sometimes felt like it lasted way to long) then I would do questions after class. (did not add food breaks or exercise breaks, but I did do both of those).

The tutoring is 1on1 but sometimes there would be groups for concepts. I was able to learn the material and how to apply it to my uworld questions which did help. However, the bad part was that sometimes the tutoring ran a little late. For example, I would have tutoring at 1030 am and it would not start for 10 to 15 min later. I guess I can say that I learned to be a little more flexible with time.
The second thing I liked was the lectures. I felt like they went over material that was going to be tested, but some of the lectures seemed long (as stated above). The lectures were supposed to start around 1, but again they would be pushed back to 30 to 1 hour later. I used that time to do more questions, but again I had to learn to be flexible with my time.

I did enjoy the program, but now I am a little scared to go to clinicals in Chicago. Is there any advice I should know about clinicals. I am going to go to the Adventist system and I am starting in a place called Bolingbrook.
this is what i keep trying to post, but it keeps getting deleted
When did you guys start studying for step 2? was it right away, or after the rotations?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »