Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrible Step 1 - parame
Hey everyone,

So I'm in sort of a panic mode over the idea of having to apply for an internal medicine residency next year and if anyone would even offer me an interview. I've had a rough last year with some family stuff, and ended up with a 193 on Step 1 ( I know, ouch). I thought that might shock me back into working harder on my year 3 rotations but then we had kind of a life-changing family crisis that threw everything up in the air and I ended up failing the shelf for two rotations then passing them the second time around. Basically, ending up with satisfactory passes in all the rotations but no high pass or honors.

I was doing really well my second year, with honors in nearly everything, and science gpa even with all the problems is at a 3.5, but of course I don't think that matters very much in the face of how horrible year 3 is going.

Still have Step 2 CK/CS left, hopefully those will give me some credibility. But right now I just want some opinions on how an internal medicine residency would look at just those basics. Do I get weeded out before even being offered interviews?
lol
Are you an AMG,IMG or FMG?
You have a chance still.If you do well on rest of the USMLE steps and score at least above mean on them then you will get in.Do not fail any of the Steps.If you get stellar scores on rest of the Steps then that is excellent.
If you are an AMG then that will definitely help you.
Do you require a visa ?
I did not match my self so I know what hurts in application process.
It's a spam......
Parame, what do u gain spamming this website and lying every time. This pathetic
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »