Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody know any IMG who's done MPH/ MHA/ MBA - tarsuc
Which among these would make more impact towards a residency application if any?

If at all I manage to get into residency anyway, which among these would have more impact towards my future career?
Don't think anyone's answered your question yet, so I'll try. I'm an IMG and I recently picked up my MBA in Health Services. I got asked about it in my FM interview and from what I got they liked that it was a little more unique than other candidates. I think if you aim it right, (I talked about how my MBA would make me a better physician leader and help patients make better decisions), they like that kind of thing a lot, especially for FM. Not too sure about other specialties. I've also talked to a few program members who said they actually look for MBA's as well. However another degree isn't going to put you over the top, I would focus on USCE if you need it, LOR, and Step Scores. Hope that helps!
I am a residency applicant with an additional masters in clinical investigation.

I had an attempt in CS and left hopes in the residency process but later heard from friends who had an attempt but did a masters in clinical investigation and matched in residency.

I just graduated from the program in Chicago, but I had the privilege to work with physician-scientists doing extraordinary research who helped me with good LOR's.

Just to sum it up, look for a master's that can be a backup plan and as well help you achieve your final goal. Hope this helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »