Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances to match at university programs - mervy
Can someone tell me what are my chances to match at a university program?
Yog:2014
Step 1:245, CK: 263, CS pass all first attempt
1 publication
1month externship
5 months observership
Thanks
they are very good..depends on what you going for but most specialties will definitely like that scores..it's the graduation year that can hurt!

How come you didn't match in 2014?
Applying for internal medicine
You have very good chances of getting matched. As you are an old grad try to get hands-on rotation for improving the application and it also shows that you are clinically active.
will advise you to still apply as many programs as possible including community programs. I have seen applicants with similar scores in the past that did not match because they were targeting only university programs.
You'll match, apply to around 100 programs
well some programs want YOG to be 3-4 yrs...So those might filter you out!
There is chance. However, you have to keep in mind the probability is not so high. Few factors need to be considered:

1. University programs have students from their own medical school and from other medical schools. Most students who have not decided on their specialty in medicine tend to apply in internal medicine. As AMGs get preference, it becomes difficult for IMGs to get into an Internal medicine program. That's why most IMGs match in community programs in IM. Do not exclude then while applying.

2. You have a bright side; you did some research. Most University programs like that. University IM programs are less inclined to research than some other specialties(eg, neurology, psychiatry). If they look for a IMG scientist, they go for someone with long term proven commitment (eg. someone with PhD and/or lot of publications).

These are my observations. The 'n' is very small. So, take it with a grain of salt.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »