Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM Match 2019 - kcbutterfly228
Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all who have received invites. Are medical questions commonly asked in internal medicine prematch programs? please let me know ur thoughts

Thank you..
The match process is over for me, I went to my first IV and got pre-match offer. I should be happy but for any reason I don't, Sad.
My cred aren't to good but i have 6 IV already, who knows??
My advice is trust your self, and never give up.
@easygoing : You should be very happy. Smile
did you pre-match to chicago IM program? Could you please share your interview experience, if possible?

Thank you
@easygoing: Congrats! You should be really happy..There are many people like me who received very few interviews..and going through a lot of stress and anxiety..It would be very helpful if you can share your experience..Thank you!
Thank you, i do understand you because I didn't match last year, I'm probably still in shock about how easy was this year after a lot of anxiety since the pass season, but I'm pretty sure will be better with time.
Last year applied without CS score (got my around mid November) finally 4 IV, between December and January, didn't match anyway.
Because of frustration and anxiety didn't take step 3, basically the only difference this year I applied with the ECFMG certificate ready, my scores 230s, 240s, CS all pass at once, very old IMG more than 10 years of graduation, but finished 2 specialties back in my home country, strong LoRs from US doctors.(again I used the same Lors from the last season, no differences still the same dates (2017).
This year I went to my first IV with anxiety and very nervous as everyone else but fortunately the PD and the associate were very nice.
The main point is keeping trying, we passed the USMLE steps and we can't change the scores or the YOG, but we can work on the CV, PS and LoR, make contacts, pray and wait for the best.
@easygoing: very inspiring story! can you please share your interview experience? Thank you!
Had my first interview today. St. John’s Episcopal. Overall nice, friendly environment. Neighborhood not that nice. Medical questions, all manageable after steps. Prematch program, no cath lab, which is sad. New ED, rest a little older but nothing dramatic. A lot of work not only physicians duties but also paperwork and so on, much hands on.
kcbutterfly228: Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Are the medical questions related to common medical problems and do they ask about the dosage of drugs? Thank you!
@ kcbutterfly228

Congratulations on completing your first iv. Could you plz elaborate on the type of medical questions you were asked in the iv? Thanks
Capital Health Regional Medical Center Program / New Jersey

Rejection
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »