Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV experiences St. John’s Episcopal? Kingsbrook? - kcbutterfly228
Anyone had IVs in St. John’s Episcopal or Kingsbrook Jewis?
Are the programs still considered as the worst programs ever. I did some research on this forum and I’m just wondering if this has changed.
Pls share your experience
kcbutterfly228:

One of our clients interviewed at St. John's Episcopal. According to her, it was one person giving the rounds kind of half heartedly. She was the only one interviewing at that time meaning there were no groups of candidates going on hospital tours or having interviews at various times as it normally happens at other programs.

They asked medical questions and it was a prematch program about two years ago. The questions were such that they seemed to be looking for someone who had experience working as a practicing physician in their home country. The kind of question you can answer only if you have been working with real patients. I think the questions were related to nephro but don't remember exactly. The hospital was depressing from the reception area and didn't seem like a good place but then again desperate times call for desperate measures.

They make you fill up forms on the spot for information that relates to the application. You may have received the instructions for what to being on the day of the interview. They asked for original documents from her including two passport size photographs.

Good luck and hope you match this season!

Best,
Jim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Residency Interview Preparation for IMGs
Claim your free session today at http://www.residencymatters.com
Thanks Jim.
Well my first interview is done. St. John’s Episcopal. Very friendy environment. Yes the hospital is a little bit older, but they have a brand new ED. It’s in a bad neighborhood and it’s a community program. Overall the interview was pretty short, yes they do ask medical questions but NOTHING out of this world, just the basics that all of us have after the steps.
It was a really good experience and practice to calm my nerves down ☺️. Now I’m ready for my other interviews.
Yes they still offer prematch!
kcbutterfly228,
Glad to know that your interview went well. Looks like things may have changed a bit as far as the program internally is concerned and you had a pleasant experience. Yes hospital is old and the neighborhood is sketchy. Yes, that's what I remember about the interview being short and medical questions.

What are they telling their candidates this season about how long to wait for pre-match offers?

Best of luck with rest of your interviews!
Jim

Residency Interview Preparation for IMGs
Claim your free session today at http://www.residencymatters.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »