Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest FB Reviews of IV Prep/MissionResidency - katemissionresidency
To see them on FB directly, simply type " mission residency " in search box on top of FB

For those without FB, here are some copy/pastes of a few of the most recent posts by our current students preparing for IVs. Why aren't they concerned about PD's or programs seeing their reviews? Because every single one of them was taught to be honest, think (And NOT Memorize), communicate, and not waste the PD's time in an interview...

Arpona D Nath
November 9 at 11:09 PM · tagAdd Topics
Yeahhhh, I got PRE-MATCH offer... … ...My hand was shaking while I was signing the paperwork.

The journey to the residency is extremely difficult, filled with pitfalls along the way. One important guide in this journey Is Dr. Brian. Now, here is the story behind HOW the pre-match happened!!! Two months ago, I was feeling like I was left all alone in a desert, not knowing what to do to land a residency! My husband told me about Dr B’s class. Although, at first, I was hesitant to take the class due to cost, but after looking at some online reviews, I decided to join. Next day, the class started, I heard someone (Dr. B) started screaming “Welcomeeeeeeeeeeee... … ...”. I thought he was crazy!!! But, after the class finished, I started thinking OMG! He is not crazy, but I am the person who was stupid and who didn’t know there were so many things to learn. I was the one who didn’t know body language during conversation can change the whole personality and someone can get attention from others. I remembered, after finishing day 3 (there are total 5 days), my husband and I went for a long drive and he asked me “How are you enjoying this drive?”. I used the knowledge of SAFe (Basics of IV class) to answer his question. My husband was super impressed with my answer (Trust me, he is not the easiest guy to please). After being blown away by my answer, he replied that he never thought I could express my feelings about driving like that. I laughed and replied that I just applied my IV strategy. Even all my friends now tell me - “What happened to you? Your talking style changed, you are like a completely NEW person.”

Looking back, I feel like taking classes with Dr. B was the best decision I took, not only for my career but also for my personal life. Dr. B understands the struggle, he lived it himself, and now helps out people like myself. During the sessions, he taught us how to improve listening skills, communication skills, and answering questions with a perfect delivery strategy. Following his guidelines, I now value teamwork above all. I got the best IV practice group who are now also my best buddies. Dr. B also teaches how to tackle phone IV, how to dress for the pre-IV dinner and the Interview day. After the 5th and final day of the sessions, you will feel like you are already ahead of other applicants. Afterwards, with mock IVs, practicing in groups, you will feel more confident each day.

I am very grateful to Dr B. He is the person who made me feel confident before my interviews. He is not only a teacher but also an adviser who can make everything easier during the final journey towards residency. He tells us many times “You are my kids”. It’s true. He treats us like he treats his two daughters. I have seen him not sleeping many nights to work on our Personal statements, and Mock IV’s. In my life I have seen very few people, as dedicated as Dr. B. He is the person who will make you feel like you are ready for the IV game and future Residency life.

Thank you so much Dr B. It is because of you, my journey finished so early during this MATCH season. There is nothing called “Mission Impossible”, it’s only mission ACCOMPLISHED 🤗

Subbulakshmi M Gautam shared her first post.
New Member · November 9 at 11:29 PM · tagAdd Topics
I met my friend 2 months ago and, he only told me about Dr. Brian Mark. I attended his demo class and that’s when I decided Yes I can match this year.

Because he is not going to give you direct answers. He is not asking you to tell which is not true, he is not saying you to behave like someone else.

YES, HE IS ASKING you to do your interview, with your content and with your behavior. That means BE YOURSELF. But he will correct the way you say it. The way you deliver matters a lot in interviews.

Regarding his class. It's not a one-way class, it's different. you won't get bored at any cost. You will get a ton of ideas. If you really dedicate yourself as for how you spent your time preparing USMLE and USCE. You will reach your destination soon.

I joined the session in October, but Now I am one among the great family. They are really true friends, they all will help you to get your answers.

Go, guys. Join here. Don’t spend too much money on your next match.

Renu Joy
Yesterday at 4:08 PM · tagAdd Topics
Not Matching last year was one of the greatest pain I’ve ever experienced in my life. It was haunting me for so many months. Then I realized there is something else other than your USMLE steps and US clinical experience. “Your Interview”...which is the final and most important step in pursuing your dream of residency.

My friend told me about Dr. Brian Mark in September. To be honest, that was the first time I got to know that there are Interview preparation classes. She told me to attend the demo class and see how it goes. Once I joined the class I saw a man suddenly screaming from nowhere and welcoming people. When he started teaching all of us about the “SAFe strategy” I understood that if he can teach a group of strangers like this he will do wonders with the people he know better. Immediately after the demo class I told my husband I wanna join Mission Residency because I don’t wanna go through another match. That was one of the best decisions I’ve ever taken.

I became the member of the October session. On the first day of 5 day foundation course itself, I understood why I didn’t match last year. Even the minute things matter like the way you look, sit, talk etc..etc...etc...Dr B taught us many strategies that can be used to handle different types of questions asked during interview. He will make use of your thought processes in a way that you can deliver it properly. Those strategies will not only helps you get into your residency but also makes you a good human being. Mission residency is a one big family with a group of awesome friends who are ready to help you at anytime. Proud to be a part of this great team.

Dr B..... I’ve no words to describe him. I’ve never seen such a dedicated and hardworking person in my life.. Teaching is his passion...Sometimes he is like your father, sometimes your good old friend. If you are bad at something...he will make you the best, if are good....he will make you perfect. He will carve you in such a way that you become a good sculpture that can be presented to everyone.

“ I haven’t met him yet...” with that being said I know he is the one person I can trust throughout my journey of life.

Guys....this is your chance... Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity...

Joban Ghuman
November 9 at 4:45 PM · tagAdd Topics
So I got done with all my exams and I thought, “ alright now I just have to buy a suit and go for the interview and that's it, I’m in! ” Needless to say, that wasn’t a smart thought. As the days passed, I realized 100s of people will be interviewing for those limited spots, so how do I make myself stand out, how do I increase my chances of matching? What are the PDs looking for in a candidate? I researched on forums, google and everything one, can do in their capacity, but not only did I end up wasting time but I also felt lost in the middle of nowhere. The feeling you get when you first arrive at a new place on your own and not knowing anyone, trying to figure out everything...that is exactly what I felt.
At this point I knew I needed to have a strategic plan and be smart if I wanted that one residency spot. I had been on Dr. Brian’s page since the days I was preparing for usmle exams and like some of the students, I was hesitant because I wasn’t sure if investing the money was the right move. But in my life, if I have ever made the right decision, then it was this one to join Dr. Brian. I got much mucchh more than I had expected. I still remember 4 days into the course, thinking why the he** I didn’t join it earlier? But it wasn’t late because Dr. Brian makes sure to give all the batches equal attention and makes sure everyone reaches their maximum potential. I have seen him go through sleepless nights just to work hard with all of us when he had to take care of so many other things in his life.
If I had to say it in one line, I would say “Dr. Brian filled the crevices in the road towards my residency spot ” Can you imagine being just one foot away from ur dream residency and falling in those crevices ????
Make the right and smart decision.
This indeed was the best decision I could have taken in my life.
Thank you so much, Dr. Brian.

Saranya Dinesan
November 9 at 2:54 PM · tagAdd Topics
One thing I never had to do in my life, until last year, was face an Interview! I had absolutely no clue how that’s done. I googled, I spoke to my seniors, I randomly made calls to IV prep programs. One of my seniors (who matched that year), was the one who told me about Dr. Brian. By the time all this happened, it was already September! So, I decided to join the session. To be honest, I did not have time to search for other options then. Looking back, it was one of the best decisions I ever made! Smile
The 5-day session, where he introduces you to the basics of interviewing and how to approach the questions, is just the beginning. Do not underestimate the importance of practice with your session mates and your active participation in the classroom. It is completely user dependent! He is definitely going to push, but how far you run is completely up to you!
More than anything, he reminds you to listen, communicate, recognize the questions and speak with confidence or in short, be the best version of yourself. Let me make myself clear, don’t even think of memorizing answers! He won’t let you do that! It is all about approaching the questions the right way. Like a GPS, taking the right path to your destination! I am not going to lie, it is not easy. It requires a lot of effort, team work, some sleepless nights, but Isn’t it exactly what you are going to be doing during your residency?
Now, about the cost! Trust me when I say, it is worth every penny. The lessons you learn here are useful for life and not just residency interviews. In fact, guess what! My brother (who is a final year engineering student) just got a job last month using the same stuff he taught us!
Even when some of us failed to match last year, he was there guiding us, motivating us to work even harder! One thing I can definitely tell you is that he is going to be with you every step of the way, until you match! (and even after, from what I’ve seen!)

“You either get bitter or you get better. It's that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.” – Josh Shipp

Komal Kaur
November 5 at 12:51 AM · tagAdd Topics
Where should I begin? Hmmm. Well, I was completely confused in August (last year), as for how should I prepare for interview season. There are so many books out there and different courses offered.
One of my friends who is a mission residency alumni recommended that I should take this training. I was really reluctant as, to be honest, it's expensive especially when you just finish all your exams and are saving for the application process.
I can clearly remember I asked my friend, “Is mission residency worth the amount we are spending?” He said, “Trust me, its completely worth it.”
I took his word and enrolled for September batch. I think it was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I wish I joined mission residency earlier.
I have never met a teacher like Dr. B who is so dedicated towards his students, ready to help day and night, sacrificing his own health and his time with his wife and daughters (2-year-old and a newborn) to bring the best out of us so that we all match. His sincerity, dedication, and motivation make you give in your 100% so that you make use of every opportunity he offers to learn and grow.
He doesn’t make you memorize answers, he just teaches you to be the best version of yourself. The 5-day foundation is very important (its like basics of medicine) which prepare you for practices and mock IV’s. I felt every class is important even attending other sessions as everyone has something to teach and for you to learn.
The practice sessions with your classmates are very important part of the IV prep as practicing with different unique personalities you get to give and accept constructive criticism. Don’t miss any session until its something very important and be ready to give in 100%. Concluding my review, Dr. B is awesome and he brings in so much energy and enthusiasm in every class that makes you give in your best.

And a few reviews from previous season(s):

Kanwar Supreet Jolly
March 22, 2017 · tagAdd Topics
A Quick Review of Mission Residency/IV Prep w/DrBrian, by Recently Matched Alumni:
Full Name: Kanwar Supreet Jolly
Your Session Start Month: September 2016
Do you wish started earlier or later…and if so, what month?: June- July Session. I feel if I had joined earlier I might have had a stronger SOP and maybe learnt other strategies that help in getting more Interviews.
Name of Program you Match Into: Internal Medicine, Kingsbrook Jewish Medical center, Brooklyn, New York
Course Taken (360+, IV Prep, 1on1): IV Prep
1) How many Matches have you been through including this current one? 1
2) Is this your First Match Season with Mission Residency/Dr Brian? 1st
3) If you had ONE MINUTE to explain to someone considering this course why he/she should OR should not take IV Prep, what would you say? What should they expect?
Interviews are the final and most crucial part of the residency application journey. I wanted to be as prepared as I could be for them. I had a couple of red flags (Old grad year and gap in clinical practice for a few years) and while I was confident that I was ready for residency now I was not sure if I could convince the programs about this. A friend recommended this course to me saying that D. B doesn’t just prep you for interviews, but provides you skills that will help you throughout your residency and beyond(I now know she was right). I attended an info session of Mission Residency and knew that I absolutely needed to join it. At Mission Residency, you will be learning interviewing skills, have regular and thorough practice sessions with Dr. B, classmates who practice with you and are your sounding board,and get to network with the alumni of this course who are now residents and fellows.
I know, the course fee seems high, but the amount of training(in terms of group and one on one on sessions), guidance( you will have a million questions during the interview season and it helps to have an expert to guide you) and resources you get from Dr. B makes it worth every penny. I recommend it to everyone, fresh graduates who want to get in to their top choice program or speciality, and graduates who have red flags, including old graduates who need to be very strategic so as to not waste any opportunity (interview) that they get.
4) On a scale of 1-10, how much of the available resources (Live Practice/Mock IV/Pre-IVChecks/Rx Replays) did you actually participate in? (1=none at all, 10= Attended/Participate 100%) 9
5) Was it worth the investment? Why or why not? Absolutely worth the investment! With my old grad year I Knew my chances were very slim and that this might be my fist and only attempt at applying for residency. I did not want to regret not having tried my best. I had only 3 interviews I am certain that it is due to the training with Dr. B that I matched.
6) On a scale of 1-10, Would you recommend this course to future docs applying for Residency? (1= No, I Definitely would not recommend it, 10= Yes, I would Definitely recommend it) 10 all the way!!
7) Optional: My Stats
(fill in whatever you are comfortable sharing), helpful for Docs that will apply with Red Flags:
~ Step 1 Score: 219
~ Step 2CK Score: 240
~ Step 2 CS Total Attempts to Pass: 1
~ Step 3 N/A
~ Months of USCE: 18 months of Observership at a Primary care clinic and 4 Months of Externship( which included both outpatient and inpatient exposure at a teaching hospital)
~ Year of Grad: 2005
~ Published Research: 1 article submitted for publication, 2 conference presentations. I have an MPH and have worked in public and non profit sector doing both qualitative and quantitative research.
~ Attempts : 1
~ How many Interviews did you have in total? 3

Rosmy Jimmy shared a link.
November 6, 2015 · tagAdd Topics
Hey Everyone! This the first time I am applying and my biggest fear is... Not Matching.

When I first saw Dr. Brian's YouTube Video of "Happy" where everyone says "YAAAYY Dr. B!! I MATCHED! Smile" That Feeling is what I want to have in March, that feeling is what drives me everyday, that video is where it all started. Looking back, many people asked me, "Why do you want to spend so much when you don't know if you will have an Interview?? Don't think so much!"

I know exactly why I joined because, 1) Yes... I didn't believe in myself. 2) Because I knew there is nothing called, "Being overprepared." 3) Because, there is a mentor like Dr. Brian(A REAL PERSON! Lol!) who is willing to understand me as an induvidual, not as a candidate. Today I can say, I am not afraid to BE MYSELF in the Interviews that are coming up. I DONT CARE what they think, I care about doing MY BEST, about using every little thing that Dr. B taught our family of IV prep to do. He has become a Mentor for Life! His family has become my Friends for Life! This is definitely the best decision I have ever made! Trust me when I say that all of us who post on this page are NOT advertising, but sharing our real time experience with him. So I suggest you seriously consider it. Dr. B will be there to guide you. He will bring out the best of yourself that you didn't even know about yourself. BUT, you have to work hard. YOU have to practice. It's not about 5 days, it's about what you do with what you have.

Bottomline: "I once was lost.... But now I'm found. Was Blind, but now I see."
Vijayram Reddy Malladi
February 9 · tagAdd Topics
FULL NAME:
Vijayram Malladi

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
India

Q: 1st CHOICE SPECIALTY:
Internal Medicine

Q: Please enter your Session Group Letter:
D

Q: Please enter your Session Start Date (month, day, year):
Date / Time 08/11/2017

Q: In case someone doesn't have time to read the entire review, what would you say, in a few sentences, to Docs considering/hesitating to do 'IV PREP w/ Dr. Brian'?
it definitely helps in your interview and you will lot more confident with this prep.

Q: How did you hear about 'IV PREP w/Dr. Brian'?
Google Search

Q: From A Doctors/Alumni that took the course (Pleass list names of your friends that took course & recommended:
Pratap Tetali

Q: What concerns made you hesitate to enroll for training with Dr Brian/Mission:Residency? (You may check MULTIPLE boxes if necessary)
I had NO CONCERNS about joining because my concerns were addressed by a previous alumni that took the course

Q: If you clicked ANY of the concerns in Question 8, now after having taken the course, what would you say to other doctors considering the training that have similar concerns?
I want to say one thing is for sure, you will be a better candidate for the interview with this skills rather than not taking this course.

Q: Does Dr Brian Teach you to Be HONEST in your Interviews?
yes , its more like he provides the strategies which can used not only in interviews but in every walk of life, be it a conversation at a coffee shop or to a meeting at your workplace or hospital , which will definitely help you in shaping a better personality.

Q: Does Dr Brian Teach you to memorize answers?
NO, he DOES NOT teach memorization.
Please elaborate on your answer above::
its not about memorisation its about the way you deliver the content

Q: With all your classmates learning the same strategies & techniques from the same teacher, did that mean you ended up all giving the same answers? Please explain:
nope as i mentioned above its about the delivery and the content definitely varies from person to person, as each person is different and they talk about their own experiences

Q: Please tell us, briefly, why did you ultimately decide to join 'IV PREP'?
to improve my overall delivery and my approach towards the interview, to know what it means to do a interview properly

Q: Please share a specific and detailed review of the "Training Experience" during your time in 'Mission:Residency/IV PREP'. This is meant to help docs considering training to get a feel for what the entire course experience is like (from logging into your 5-Day Foundation for the first time, to what practices were like, etc)
Training experience- 5-day foundation is a solid foundation part where you get entire content and all the delivery strategies,
practice sessions - real deal, they help you
practice sessions with DR B- a sincere exposure to the interview prior to your interview
practice sessions with Fellow mates- helps you to prepare well for the Dr B sessions

Q: AFTER the FOUNDATION (5-Day) Live Lectures at the beginning of the course, how helpful were the follow-up Mock Interview/Practice Sessions with Dr. Brian (i.e., Official Scheduled Pracitices & Pre-IV Check-ups)? 1= Not Very 5=Extremely Helpful
Extremely Helpful

Q: How did Mock IV's Play a Role in your Growth/Training?:
they help the most in applying different strategies and the pre iv check ups help a lot in the program answers personalizing to your interview.

Q: How would you describe Dr. B's Teaching Style? Did you enjoy his teaching style? Or not? Did you find his teaching style effective? Is there something that you feel he can work on for the future?
yes I like his teaching style, he does his best to teach different strategies , he spends lot of time and makes sure you fully understand how to apply the strategies, sometimes the sessions go way into the night till 3 am.

Q: Please describe (to your level of comfort) your journey in medicine and the Match prior to joining 'Mission:Residency/IV PREP'. This may be helpful for doctors that may share similar journeys.
tough journey over the last 5 years, tried my best to acquire as much clinical and research experience as possible.

Q: Are you taking this course AFTER you had already failed to MATCH in a previous year?
Q: If 'Yes,' please specify how many times (including the current/most recent Match) you previously applied for the Match?:

Q: If you answered "Yes" to the previous question, do you feel taking this course in previous year(s) would have made a significant difference in your Match Outcome? If so, HOW?
yes, in the same way I am thinking how it will make this time

Q: Do you wish that you would have started 'IV PREP' at an earlier session/date?
Yes, I wish I enrolled earlier to give me more time to practice and prepare.
If you would like to elaborate for either answer, please do so here...:
yes , the earlier is always better , it gives you more time to practice and also it gives more time for Dr B to understand you bettter which inturn helps you.

Q: How many stars would you give your IV-PREP TRAINING EXPERIENCE? 1=not satisfied 5=very satisfied
S 5

Q: Did you take advantage of scheduled Official Session Practices with Dr. Brian?
Absolutely! Those practices with my Session mates and Dr. Brian were invaluable to me and made me as prepared as I can be for my interviews.
If you would like to elaborate on any of the above, please do so here...:
please make sure you attend them

Q: Did you watch the prescribed Rx Replays that are always available at your request?
Yes, I watched as many as I wanted to supplement my practices
If you would like to elaborate on either of the above, please do so here...:
please make sure you see them

Q: In between Official Practices, did you practice with your Session Mates?
Yes, I loved practicing with my Session Mates and found their input and support invaluable throughout this journey
If you would like to elaborate on any of the above, please do so here...:
you should practice more not only with your session mates but also other session members for the better perspective

Q: Describe your most Memorable Moment/Memory during your season training with Mission:Residency, Dr Brian, and/or your classmates?
many moments where you get a feeling that you all are belonging to a great group under a teacher who is really trying to help you

Q: If there is a message you'd like to share with Dr Brian after your training, what would it be?
keep doing what you are doing , its helping a lot of students

Q: If there are questions you feel we should've asked you during this Review Questionnaire, please type them below (with your answer, of course).
Respondent skipped this question

Q: Would it be ok if a student inquiring about Mission:Residency/IV Prep contact you directly via email, messenger and/or text/phone? (we would only refer maximum of 3-5 students to each of our past alumni) . . .. Check ALL that apply below
Yes, via Messenger, they can add me as a friend (I'll type my name as it appears on below)
My name/id or contact email::
Vijayram Reddy Malladi
Anusha Aedma
March 13 · tagAdd Topics
FULL NAME:
Anusha

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
India

Q: 1st CHOICE SPECIALTY:
A: Internal Medicine

Q: Please enter your Session Group Letter:
A: G

Q: Please enter your Session Start Date (month, day, year):
A: Date / Time 10/21/2017

Q: In case someone doesn't have time to read the entire review, what would you say, in a few sentences, to Docs considering/hesitating to do 'IV PREP w/ Dr. Brian'?
A: I advise to take the course and be proactive.
Dr. B helps us in every way he can. He and Kate help us in many aspects of course interview skills, but most importantly how to talk and body language and dressing, tips to write emails and when to write them.

A: Friend that did NOT take the Course
From A Doctors/Alumni that took the course (Pleass list names of your friends that took course & recommended:
From doctors who took the course Megha.

Q: What concerns made you hesitate to enroll for training with Dr Brian/Mission:Residency? (You may check MULTIPLE boxes if necessary)
A: I had NO CONCERNS about joining because my concerns were addressed by a previous alumni that took the course

Q: Does Dr Brian Teach you to Be HONEST in your Interviews?
A: yes

Q: Does Dr Brian Teach you to memorize answers?
A: NO, he DOES NOT teach memorization.

Q: With all your classmates learning the same strategies & techniques from the same teacher, did that mean you ended up all giving the same answers? Please explain:
A: I believe that one can take a horse to the pool but can't make it drink, Dr. B will help us in every way he can but at the end of the day, it depends on how proactive you are. how much you practice with your friends and how many sessions you attend to learn new things and how patiently you wait for your turn to ask questions and clarify them. Of course, everyone is different based on their previous skills and the effort they put in.

A: because I want to give my best shot. I felt like if you go for interviews and not perform well after spending so much money and energy, its waste of everything. so I thought. let me take some help and give it a shot and I am happy I took the course because it builds my confidence and made me stronger in many aspects which are my weakness before.

Q: Please share a specific and detailed review of the "Training Experience" during your time in 'Mission:Residency/IV PREP'. This is meant to help docs considering training to get a feel for what the entire course experience is like (from logging into your 5-Day Foundation for the first time, to what practices were like, etc)

A: 5-day course
This is the foundation. all the strategies AND everything you practice and use is from this 5-day sessions. They are like the core principles you should never forget.
Practice sessions:
As I told before depends on how curious and perseverant you are.
these are the best sessions where you can correct your mistakes before joining the session with Dr. B.
I made long-lasting relationships by practicing and knowing about each other with few of my friends.
Pre-iv checkups:
useful but you need to listen to others and learn from them until it's your turn which I a good thing because you get a lot of ideas from different minds.

Q: AFTER the FOUNDATION (5-Day) Live Lectures at the beginning of the course, how helpful were the follow-up Mock Interview/Practice Sessions with Dr. Brian (i.e., Official Scheduled Pracitices & Pre-IV Check-ups)? 1= Not Very 5=Extremely Helpful
A: Helpful
How did Mock IV's Play a Role in your Growth/Training?:
Pre-iv checkups: useful but you need to listen to others and learn from them until it's your turn which I a good thing because you get a lot of ideas from different minds. Mock Ivs: I think they are very useful.

Q: How would you describe Dr. B's Teaching Style? Did you enjoy his teaching style? Or not? A: Did you find his teaching style effective? Is there something that you feel he can work on for the future?
Yes, I did enjoy his energetic teaching style.
yes, it's very effective, I never got bored even after listening for 24 hours straight.

Q: Please describe (to your level of comfort) your journey in medicine and the Match prior to joining 'Mission:Residency/IV PREP'. This may be helpful for doctors that may share similar journeys.
A: graduated in 2015
In US for 2years but i felt little low in confidence and communication skills

Q: Are you taking this course AFTER you had already failed to MATCH in a previous year?
A: NO, this is my first Match

Q: Do you wish that you would have started 'IV PREP' at an earlier session/date?
A: Yes, I wish I enrolled earlier to give me more time to practice and prepare.
If you would like to elaborate for either answer, please do so here...:
yeah more time to practice and prepare more rapport with Dr. B to give us more content

Q: How many stars would you give your IV-PREP TRAINING EXPERIENCE? 1=not satisfied 5=very satisfied
A: S 4

Q: Did you take advantage of scheduled Official Session Practices with Dr. Brian?
A: Absolutely! Those practices with my Session mates and Dr. Brian were invaluable to me and made me as prepared as I can be for my interviews.

Q: Did you watch the prescribed Rx Replays that are always available at your request?
A: Yes, I watched as many as I wanted to supplement my practices

A: Yes, I loved practicing with my Session Mates and found their input and support invaluable throughout this journey

Q: Describe your most Memorable Moment/Memory during your season training with Mission:Residency, Dr Brian, and/or your classmates.
Match day.

Q: Would it be ok if a student inquiring about Mission:Residency/IV Prep contact you directly via email, messenger and/or text/phone? (we would only refer maximum of 3-5 students to each of our past alumni) . . .. Check ALL that apply below
A: Yes, via email (I'll include my email address below)
My name/id or contact email::
anu201722
Suman Susant Misra
November 6, 2015 · tagAdd Topics
I interviewed last year too, I thought all my interviews went really well, I had people telling me "we really like you" but I wasn't ranked. Why was that?
It's because, while I was honest and shared my stories, I probably spoke : too fast or gave them too much of information or didn't give them valuable information to write down on my file which they could use to rank me.

Did they like me? Yes, unless they were lying to my face.

Did they take me? No, because even though I came back with the feeling that " that interview was awesome", I had no idea what all I could have done, how I could have said the same things in a more organized way and how many more things I could have told them.

How do I know all this now? It's after joining IV prep with Dr. Brian. In 5 days of the IV prep, I knew that I had only done 5% in my interviews last year that I felt were "fine". This year I will give it a 100.

If you are debating to go for it or not, in my opinion, you definitely should. A year is definitely more costly than anything else.
And like my fellow alumnis have stated earlier and will probably share later as well, it definitely made a huge difference for all of us.
Sree Gee
October 23, 2016 · tagAdd Topics
NAME: Sreeja Gopinathan
SPECIALTY: Pediatrics
IV PREP GROUP SESSION: E

QUESTION (Q): In case someone doesn't have time to read the entire review, what would you say, in a few sentences, to Docs considering/hesitating to do 'IV PREP w/ Dr. Brian'?

ANSWER (A): IV Prep with Dr. Brian is really helpful. As someone who had no idea about the interviewing process here in the United States, at this time, I feel prepared for the majority of questions I might be asked in an interview. Dr.B. helps you to be prepared in such a detailed way, not only to do well in your interview, but actually to do better than the other candidates. On top of that he tries to teach how to answer unexpected question in a confident way. Bottomline, after his training I feel a lot more prepared than I could have been before meeting Dr. B.

A: Friend of Alumni who had previously taken the course -Sanju

A: My friend told me that Dr.B. would help me with the whole process, the Personal statement, the application and the Interview Prep. And it was great to have somebody to ask questions if needed, knowing he will most probably know the answer.

Q: Did you have any concerns enrolling for 'IV PREP'?

A: NO

Q: Please share a specific and detailed review of the "Training Experience" during your time in 'IV PREP'

A: The whole training is about preparing us for any type of interview: conversational, pressure-interview, panel interview. Dr. B tries to lead you through every possible scenario. The key of this training is to be prepared in any case. which takes away a good amount of nervousness throughout this very stressful process. In the training sessions, Dr. B. always gives advice on your content, the delivery, always trying to improve your style. He is a magician when it comes to turning your own personal stories into something useful for your interview, something that will score points in your interview.

Q: AFTER the 5-DAY PORTION, how helpful were the Practice
Sessions with Dr. Brian (i.e., Official Scheduled Practices & Pre-IV Check-ups)? 1= Not Very 5=Extremely Helpful

A: RATING 5 = Extremely Helpful

The 5-day-portion is just the base for your interview. In the practices Dr.B. will help you fine tune the delivery and the content of your answers, which, if you are open to it, is extremely helpful.

Q: How would you describe Dr. B's Teaching Style? Did you enjoy his teaching style? Or not? Did you find his teaching style effective? Is there something that you feel he can work on for the future?

A: Can't complain about the teaching style. He explains everything in very simple ways, using a lot of examples. It s easy to follow and understand. And even if you don't understand, he will take time to explain it until you understand. He can be tough on you in Mock interviews, which, in my opinion, is only helpful because it prepares you for the worst case interview. He takes all the time needed to evaluate your advantages and the things you have to work on more.

Q: Please describe (to your level of comfort) your journey in medicine and the Match prior to joining 'IV PREP'

A: After MedSchool I have worked in Germany as a Resident physician for 1 1/2 years before I came to the US. I didn't match last year, neither did I have any interviews. That's why I was totally surprised when I learned about certain questioning procedures during interviews and am happy to know I will be prepared for interviews this season.

A: yes, 2015

Q: If you answered "Yes" to the previous question, do you feel taking this course in previous year(s) would have made a significant difference in your Match Outcome?

A: Not in my particular situation, since I didn't have any interviews last season, due to my late and incomplete applications. But I have heard from other alumnis that they would have done better on their interviews if they would have went through the training before the last match.

A: Yes, I wish I enrolled earlier to give me more time to practice and prepare.

A: STARS = 5 very satisfied

A: Absolutely! Those practices with my Session mates and Dr. Brian were invaluable to me and made me as prepared as I can be for my interviews.

A: Yes, I watched as many as I wanted to supplement my practices

A: Sometimes, I joined my Session Mates for group practices but preferred to practice on my own

Q: *For 360° Docs Only* How would you rate your PERSONAL STATEMENT that you built together with Dr.Brian? 1=I'm not satisfied 5=excellent, I'm very proud of it

A: STARS = 5 excellent

Dr. B. helped me built my personal statement in a very unique way. He helped me with the expression of what I wanted to say, so that my personal statement is still MY very personal statement. He helps you make the best out of your own ideas.

Q: *For 360° Docs Only* For future students considering the 360° course, how would you describe the PERSONAL STATEMENT process with Dr. Brian?

A: Dr. B. helped me with building my statement in a week and a half. That, of course, required a lot of work from my side too. But in the end, I still feel like I wrote this statement, knowing it would have never turned out as wonderful as it did, if it wasn't for Dr.B.

Q: As an Alumni, if you were to speak to an interested student in taking IV-PREP, what advice would you give them?

A: Trust Dr.B., believe that he knows what he s doing. Take his advice seriously, and know that he s really just trying to help you. Be open to criticism, that is the only way to improve.
Uns Alwahab
March 18, 2017 · tagAdd Topics
Matched at University of North Dakota Family Medicine ... being trained to keep conversation and talk one on one for 3 hours in pre IV dinner and then another 45 mint IV each with 3 faculty next day with lunch for 2 hours ... Guess what!!! I matched there after all. All the credit goes to Brian Mark for give me the training and believing in me and of course to my wonderful session D classmate. can't thank you enough Dr.Brian for all this ... you made my dream come true when I lost all the hope and confidence
What is the cost for the 5days? Do you have a phone number to call or website?
For the Complete & Intensive Prep, it's not a 5-Day course . . . it's from the day you begin until your last interview (even if it's in February), for every specific interview you may have. The 'Foundation' Session part of the course is 5 Days, with mock interviews, practice & guidance throughout the rest of the season.

The last session began on Nov 12th, but we are considering offering a special emergency course, as it seems that this year interview offers are arriving later than usual.

For more info, just Google: Mission Residency

If you'd like to request that another session is added, just email info@missionresidency.com (Subj: emergency training request)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »