Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
goodbye to forum!! - gf1
I tried....but no more. This is it! I have decided to give up this journey of 13years. It is very painful though, giving up dreams and hope specially in front of those who are looking up to you. I have no answer to them except sorry. Instead of waiting for the miracle, I want to go with the reality therefore, decided to end this career.
Thankyou forum friends, you guys have always supported me, specially old IMGs. Goodluck for further.
Goodluck to all who are chasing dreams to become US physician.
If I may! An alternative career in science means you can still seek out your dreams. I am a believer in that. I am an old IMG( too embarassed to say how long)but I am working full time and keeping my eyes and ears open. No interviews yet and I AM VERY DISCOURAGED>>> 3 years ago I said never again! BUT I can't! Medicine is my passion and passions cannot be killed by anyone.
If it never happens I will know I tried my very best.

Stay strong. Stay in the game. Don't just sit in a corner, go out there and find a job, another science related career BUT giving up is allowing another person to take your residency slot!

Every move is a building block! All the best.
@gf1, so sorry to hear that you have been in this boat for 13years. Just like @annosam, if you think of quitting, think of why you started. You have gone so far to give up now. If USA will not take you, apply to the UK or Australia. Do PLAB. You may not practice in the USA but you are still a physician elsewhere. Think about this!
@gf1 I do not know your circumstances you are in right now, your stats, experience, if you ever applied etc... So I can't judge properly. All I can say is that if you really really believe you have given your best, done it all, turned every stone then yes, maybe is time to do something else. If you think realistically you can change something in your resume, Observership, volunteer etc then NO, don't give up. Either way no one is going to judge you, you know best and it's your happiness that matters!! Best of luck my friend!!
I do not blame you! Good Luck. I am an old grad. My fifth year applying. I gave up 2 years ago I decided I would not do this again. But was applying for few programs only just incase. I recieved an interview this year while I did not do anything to improve my application. But I still have my other plans and directions if I matched great if not I have my other dreams that I am working on.
@Hiwan12,

Im in the same boat. Could you please share your credentials. If you don't want to share it in public here is my email mhdamersoued @ gmail.com

What other dreams are you working on right now, if you don't mind asking you. This might help me a lot.

Thank you so much.
Best of luck with your future journey! Thank you for your share and honesty.
@peterh I do business. E-commerce, Retail, soon life coaching and building my you tube channel.
@peterh 218, 235, 206. 2009 citizen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »