Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affordable Step 1 Tutor - masterthebasicsprepc
Have you been reading First Aid for months and still not passing an NBME?
Have you done the entire UW Q bank 3-4 times and your still not passing NBME?

Well, there are a few reasons why:

1. Stop passively reading the First Aid (this is not a leisure book)! You have to understand each line (not just read it). When reading ponder over the material, get those neurons working. When thinking about the text, try to figure out what the big picture is.

Eg. Your on the diabetes page, you see NEG. Your like uhh!! I do not know what it means. Don't keep reading to the next sentence in FA. Stop and google "NEG diabetes". So now you know what NEG means but zoom out and think about why would First Aid be trying to tell me this?
Does glucose being attached to red blood cells have anything to do with HbA1c?
What is HbA1c?
Why does HbA1c only predict 3 months?
How long do RBC live for?
Glucose being attached to RBC hmmm....what do you think would happen to blood flow?
Is this somehow related to Arteriolosclerosis (Hyaline)?
Is this why DM is a risk factor to HTN?

This process is more active than just reading your text.
If you want a 240+ you have to reason out every single line in FA! Its a really slow process and for some it can be really enjoyable.

OR

2. Foundations is weak. Biochem & Physio are the core of Step 1. If you don't have your core set, how will you be able to understand what they are asking you in question vignette or in First Aid. You can only memorize for so long...

How do I fix this?
Try reading BRS Physio book.
Watch Kaplan Physio/Biochem
Then, review your material until its committed to memory - so everyday you have to read the same material until you don't need your notes/first aid anymore.

If your one of those students who has already read & watched the videos & its still not making sense.

You probably need someone to explain & integrate the concepts. There is nothing wrong with that. Its better you fill in your gaps now & learn how to adjust your study technique NOW, rather than later.

Feel free to contact me 1-312-687-6241, I focus on individualized tutoring to your needs. Very flexible with scheduling, timelines, pricing etc..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »