Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Program Directors do Background checks on you?? - kindmd
So I went to a interview recently and the PD asked me questions about some information that was never mentioned in my application. I just realized that after I got home. I looked at my application thoroughly, looked at my MSPE, that piece of information isn't mentioned at all. And even though I can't see my LORs, I know it's not mentioned in there.

It's info about where I lived before I moved to USA. While it's not a big deal as I don't have any skeletons in the closet, but do you think PDs do some sort of a background check before they call you for an interview. I mean if that's the case, I wonder what else do they know about me????
For VA hospitals Background checks are required.

Some programs do look candidate up on social media before interviews.
So this wasn't a VA hospital.

And I have disabled my social media..So they couldn't have gotten anything from there!!

It's really crazy to think the sort of length I think they can go to!
It's all readily available information, they are not doing anything ilegal.
it's interesting though that they would go to great lengths to check up on us. I would have thought once hired, they would spend all those resources. Checking up on 100 applicants costs them a lot of $$ when they are trying to narrow down 10.

Ok one can say that what if they get stuck with a psycho after the match if they didn't do background check. Although that is a possibility, I would think that these people would have already have some kind of flags in their application.

Yes some PDs will be doing background check
Yes. The checks usually come after you match.
Well, in my case, if they did a Background check, it came wayyyy before the match..!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »