Yog 2017

Scored 235 in step 1,
Cs passed with second attempt,
Preparing fro Ck,
Green card holder,
2months Usce and 4 months Observerhsip
Publication 2 pubmed and 4 non Pubmed
1 year training at home country.

What are my chances? I'm going to apply in 2020 Match.
@qamash: Your question was answered in a previous post but this post has more details about your credentials.

Given that you passed CS on your second attempt I would try to get a good score on Step 3 since you are planning to apply in 2020. I also think you will need more USCE and try to continue to stay active in medicine. Attend conferences and make contacts with residency programs by meeting them at conferences or during observerships.

Good luck!
Having an attempt will be a red flag for the application, but getting more hands-on rotations important to make the application strong and helps your application to be clinically active. Also get good score in CK it can make the application strong.
You have a competitive score in step 1, make sure you get higher in ck at least 15-20 points higher. not going to lie that fail in cs will hurt you, but if thye know you at the program it might not matter. I dont know what you are interested in but a lot of specialties are within reach. Just hurry up with CK and 3. Do some rotations in hospitals you are interested in, get 2019 LORs and you should be fine.
Try to get good scores in Ck exam and try to get continuous hands-on application it will be good for the application to make strong as you have attempt in your application. Also try to complete Step3 exam it will be better.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »