Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how bad is passing cs on second attempt ? - qamash
OVERALL AVERAGE SCORES
DECENT USCE
AND A GREEN CARD
YOG ,3 YEARS> ?
Would you ever stop from pursuing your dream if someone says that its bad??
Nothing is impossible, go get it. You never know until you fight the battle till the end.
not bad at all. You have average scores and a green card, enough to get a spot. Good Luck!
Do you think people here can answer that question definitively? Everyone is on here with their own negatives in their resume or some with A++++ resume. BUT NOBODY REALLY KNOWS is passing CS on the second attempt bad or good, or ok, or going to get you your dream residency!

Are you going to apply for residency if I tell you you have the worst possible chance?

I know people with just passing scores matched. I know people who passed all steps with decent score but failed step 3 and passed on second attempt did not match. Evert individual case is different. What do you want? What do you want to hear? Ask yourself these questions.
Well said annsosam
I will tell you my story, I am in the same boat as you, I am an FMG with very mediocre scores and an attempt in CS, and received IV from a top-notch program.
Not to brag, but there is hope my dear friend. One thing you need to do in this journey is never compare your selves with others, you are unique in your own way and that should reflect in your CV or Personal statement.
Good luck !!
Pradoc if you mind can you provide me your email address.
drchebrolu86
Having an attempt will be a red flag for the application, but getting coninuous hands-on rotations to make application strong.
Dont give up you have chances of getting matched, try to get hands-on rotations so that you can have LORs and can show that you are clinically active.
It's not a deal breaker but you have to adjust expectations accordingly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »