Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMG going to DO school - aba002
Hello,

I am an IGM with multiple attempts in USMLE. I have more than 1 years USCE both unfortunately I did not get any interview or residency. I took few courses to meet the min requirements to be able to apply for DO program. I know they have AOA residency matching system but at the same time some MD programs accepts DO applicants. I will take me sometime and of course tuition. My question is, does it worth it? and when I apply for DO residency, do my USMLE scores availables to the programs I am applying to? PLease any inputs help!

Thank you!
I don't know how you will get into a DO school if you show them you have an M.D. Most likely they will say you can't get into D.O. with an M.D.

Now if you are successful in somehow keeping this fact from them (tht you don't have an M.D.), then may be you have a shot.

Regardless of how you get in, you CANNOT Take USMLE again. Once it's taken, tht's all the chances you get. So you will have to take COMLEX and hopefully that way you can find a program where you can show COMLEX scores and get in.

With that said, I am sure residency programs will find out that you have taken USMLE when you apply..so how will that play out, Only God knows..

Good luck!
Kindmd,
I understand it is kind of tough to be accepted to DO school. But. I am almost getting in though masters program. At the same time, DO schools has their own residency and matching through AOA and at the same time DO graduates can apply same like MD graduates. Yes, I have to take COMLEX EXAMS and cannot take USMLE anymore. Also, there is more apportunity for DO graduates for residemcy programs. These programs accepts only DO graduates.
Also, if programs know about my usmle scores, that is fine. I am restarting new med school and different system
Sure..give it a shot. I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
AOA and ACGME will be combined into one system for the next match. I do not know how you are going to get into DO school?
Thanks kind. Djmetal88, how do u know they will combine both next year?
I got accepted through masters program for 10 months and if I get good GPA will guarantee interview and acceptance into DO school.
https://www.trinityschoolofmedicine.org/...e-info.png
Everyone's talking about it. The above mentioned is from a Medical School. But I have heard Residents and PD's talking about it too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »