Any hope for me? - mdlady
Started Caribbean med school in 2010
Step 1 - 203 -2016
Step 2 - CS 2nd attempt pass-2018
Step 2 - Ck - working on - plan to 2019
Step 3 - plan on taking 2019-20
YOG - 2019
1 publication - 2015

2 family members recently finished FM residencies, will that help?

Should I start doing research along with my studies?

What else can I do to improve my profile with such low scores and attempt?

Also I'm US citizen
Get better score than step 1 on CK and step 3, do research, and get hands on experience. That will help you get a spot.
@mdlady: Agree with life098.

Given the attempt on CS and low score on Step 1, getting a high score in CK and Step will really help. You can apply to a lot of programs since you do not need a visa. Contacts really help for interviews.

Good luck!
Thank you guys for replying I appreciate your advice!

@ drpepper4u,
I'm interested in IM more than FM, but do you think I have any chance at it?
Or should I not waste time for IM and only apply to FM due to my poor score and attempt on CS, and long time in med school?
@mdlady: I don't know much about IM as I am FM. That being said, no one can predict anyone's chances in matching in any specialty. Everyone's situation is unique. So if you are interested in IM more than FM then go for it. Try to score well in CK and Step 3.

Good luck!
Of course there hope for you, depends on how well you do in CK and step 3

and you can change that, with research you might not be able to get good score !
@sepidehsnb, thanks for replying. So you are saying focus on getting good score on CK and later do research. Not at the same time, right?
Try to get high scores in other steps and get continuous hands-on rotations to make the CV better and get US LORs.
If you able to get good scores in CK and pass in first attempt and complete Step3 exam then you can improve the application chances. And being a old grad will be having much impact on the application try to get continuous hands-on rotations to show that you are clinically active and can get strong experience
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »