Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s my fate - usmleshiny90
My step 1 : 200
Step 2 cs : first attempt failed and yet to give the exam
Step 2 ck : 216
YOG : 2014
Visa : Green card holder
I will be applying next year. What’s my fate ? Will I be able to get into residency?
It does not matter what others say or think, do not give up. You have to work hard and keep moving forward.

You have to be confident and trust in yourself.

I applied last year and did not match but I kept confidence in myself and God Almighty, I applied again this year even though people told me not to apply. I rejected everyone's advice and I applied.
usmleshiny90

Your scores are similar to mine
step 1 202
step 2 CK 216
step CS pass first time
step 3 218
IMG US citizen, YOG 2003

Last year I went to 1 interview in a new program. This year I applied to 55 program and I just received 4 rejections. No other email , nothing else.

You have to look at NRMP Results from the match document to see where you fit. It looks like Family Medicine, but apply broadly and observerships. Broadly for me is 100+ programs
usmleshiny90, we are in the same boat.
Step 1 - 203 -2016
Step 2 - CS 2nd attempt pass-2018
Step 2 - Ck - working on - plan to 2019
Step 3 - plan on taking 2019-20
YOG - 2019
1 publication - 2015
-------
@ameemy, have you been keeping up with clinical experience/observerships/volunteer work and research work since you graduated in 2003? If you do it will enhance your resume.
If anyone wants to study step 3 with me let me know. I started in 2018 and then gave up because of my long work hours. BUt without step 3 there is nothing more I can do to enhance my CV. Planning to start second week of January.
If you have a plan on how to go about step 3 please share.
Thank-you!
@mdlady
@annsosam

I am currently studying for Step 3. I will take it 2019.

email
batmanisreal30
Get connections and try to take Step3 exam which can help the application. Also, getting continuous hands-on rotations will be making your CV strong.
Thank you very much everyone for ur advices. I m planning to take cs now. Aft that is when I have to do rotations and step 3 !
Completing the CS exam this time and get Step3 exam done will help the application, also get hands-on rotation to make the application better by getting strong LORs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »