Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice - carryonusmle
Hello there..Can anyone tell me how long usually an non US IMG need to prepare for Usmle step 2cs?
Is 40 days enough for preparing ?
hey Can anyone give me an idea ??Please
I think it is enough for preparing for CS exam, but if you feel you are not ready for the exam then you need to extend the preparation and never take the exam in a hurry.
@lingala
Thank you so much..
40 days is a good time if you dedicate a few hours every day. I remember doing my prep with my friends in about 2 months (we were doing full time clinical clerkships in med school @ the same time).

Some ppl prepare only for a week to 2 weeks and give the exam.

Bottom line --> if you are an IMG who wasn't born in US/raised in US, you will need more time to prepare. It's not about the medical knowledge that will shine on the exam day, it's all about you carry yourself and if pts are comfortable with you in the room!

Good luck!
Hey, 40 days is enough time . just make sure you show your practice to someone who has passed this test or some physicians working in the US. if they say you are okay than u go for the test. This being said practice is the key .. use standard prep materials like FA or UW make your own notes and keep on practicing and work on your typing skills if it is an issue for you. You will be just fine.
You need to have minimum of 2 months of time for preparing for the CS exam, try to practice with the study partner. Also never take the exam if you are not ready.
Thank you so much @infinitywar and shamala.I will definitely keep your opinion in mind.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »